All in One PCB Support Thread

144TECH

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by 144TECH » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:44 am

This has nothing to do with experience lol, since it's just a very simple board layout consisting of a kb/gp controller a hub and a pam amp. don't see difficulties here. there meight just be a disconnection somewhere, maybe due shipping or whatever. i just didn't expect this, it should just work without messing around..
Anyway i'm not planning to send it back and receive my money, i just want it to work. and eventually it will.
I just can't understand why you did such amazing work and produced a very nice layout and board, while you could have used another hub chip, and giveup 1 port from available ports and offcourse the one for the button pad as it came now.. i have a powerless minihub and it works flawless with wifi, all keyboards, you name it.
Only difference is that if you would use the chip from this thing, you have one less usb port.(it has 3 total) but i dont see that as a big problem because you still can hookup 2 gamepads for multiplayer on tv. because when you need to make changes in the scripts or so, you are not busy playing games anyway. i could pm you the layout of the usb hub maybe you can integrate it in (if) you make a newer version, but i think you are already busy with such a thing :mrgreen:

Have a good day sir 8-)
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Reflowed all the components, and cleaned up all the flux, now it works briliant. :mrgreen: one happy man here. Greets

dklutie24

Post by dklutie24 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Is following wermy's second guide for the 2.2 board I have coming even necessary or is the wiring guide literally all you need to have it up and running?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:24 pm

144TECH wrote:Reflowed all the components, and cleaned up all the flux, now it works briliant. :mrgreen: one happy man here. Greets
Glad it was some simple fix (reflow) and if you have a usb hub schematic that works 100% then sure let me know as I plan to test a board with another chip soon and then use it if it works in the future but I will also make one for what you have and see what is the most compatible.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:26 pm

dklutie24 wrote:Is following wermy's second guide for the 2.2 board I have coming even necessary or is the wiring guide literally all you need to have it up and running?
Follow @wermy's guide if you need a step by step guide but the wiring diagram is what you should follow but there isn't a switch added in the diagram but there are diagrams all over the forum for switches so it all depends on what you have to use for the build. Best to watch the videos and read the forums and wiki then you'll have a good idea of how to approach the build.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Okay, i will figure that out for you Helder, i'm gonna open it up and try to fabricate a diagram from it. i will be testing that stuff out first before i throw it around.
Oh and for the interference problems, a nice (no cheapo) usb cable will work perfectly, just dont remove the ground/shielding and isolation, this way worked like a charm. stripped wires caused me trouble omg.
But you will have a much thicker wire offcourse as stripped, so i advice not to strip it if you can get away with the thickness.

Got mine almost fully working, except the audio, because i still dont have that double layer potentiometer. right now i use two single channel ones 3 pin on each channel, one of these days i will assemble it, but still waiting for that $@%@ piece of glass surrounding. :roll:

Greets

SumCanadianGuy

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:50 pm

I've got most of the wiring done I can get done but i have been waiting almost 3 months for my screen and shell to get here from china. Iv'e had to contact sellers for re-shipment a few times already

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:17 pm

SumCanadianGuy wrote:I've got most of the wiring done I can get done but i have been waiting almost 3 months for my screen and shell to get here from china. Iv'e had to contact sellers for re-shipment a few times already
Glad atleast the AIO is there and partly all wired up, once the rest comes in then it should fall into place.

xfcrowman

Post by xfcrowman » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:09 pm

I received my 2.2a board, and started wiring everything up today. I'm 99% finished and almost everything is working (video, controls, USB ports, Bluetooth).

The only problem I'm having is with the speaker - I get this weird choppy audio coming out of it. The audio from the headphone jack is working normal, and the volume wheel is also working fine.

I tried resoldering the speaker, but it didn't make a difference. Has anyone experienced this before? Maybe a dead speaker?

EDIT: It's not the speaker - I swapped out the speaker with another one I have lying around and it has the same problem. I'm attaching a photo as it might be helpful to see:
Attachments
IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 8068 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:06 pm

xfcrowman wrote:I received my 2.2a board, and started wiring everything up today. I'm 99% finished and almost everything is working (video, controls, USB ports, Bluetooth).

The only problem I'm having is with the speaker - I get this weird choppy audio coming out of it. The audio from the headphone jack is working normal, and the volume wheel is also working fine.

I tried resoldering the speaker, but it didn't make a difference. Has anyone experienced this before? Maybe a dead speaker?

EDIT: It's not the speaker - I swapped out the speaker with another one I have lying around and it has the same problem. I'm attaching a photo as it might be helpful to see:
If the headphone is working then audio that goes to the speaker is coming from the headphone to the speaker through those resistors you see near the headphone socket.
Is the audio in the headphone really loud? if it is the amp is working but if it's not then that could be the issue.

Also have you tested the speakers in other devices just to be sure they aren't bad?