All in One PCB Support Thread

VeteranGamer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:33 am

Mischief wrote: What speaker do you recommend? I have tried a few different types adafruit, Veco and generic Chinese speakers (all 28mm) all varying wattage and had the same issues. I had luck adding 100ohm resisters to the R15 and R16 resisters it increased the volume and reduced the choppy sound just not all the way.
i'm in the process of experimenting with different speaker... just held up at the moment waiting for a 5 pin headphone socket (someone couldn't be bothered to send the right one)

these seem like a better option, just not sure how they'll work out

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2PCS-LO ... e2f2cf5da8

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2PCS-LO ... e2f2cf5da8

i've got both.... so as soon as i get the socket i'll test

just one thing to note, these have a little more wiggle room in the speaker well compared to a aftermarker GB speaker

aftermarket GB speaker

1W & 2W speakers
Last edited by VeteranGamer on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:56 am

I have some generic 8ohm speaker but for your situation try 120 ohm or 150 ohm to get rid of the clipping.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:54 am

Helder wrote:I have some generic 8ohm speaker but for your situation try 10 ohm or 150 ohm to get rid of the clipping.

you may have any issue with the size of these two types... one being too big the other maybe small (small could be workable)

some links or example would be appriciated

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:13 am

UPDATE: FIXED :lol:

Ok so disabled one of the input channels by changing the config to mono in the config.txt

Sound working perfectly.

The solder joint for the left input volume pot must have been disconnected unbeknownst to me previously and i reattached it causing this issue when i realigned the HDMI port :|

I suspect that anyone using this resistor fix and still getting choppy sound switches to mono and retests :mrgreen:

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:12 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Helder wrote:I have some generic 8ohm speaker but for your situation try 10 ohm or 150 ohm to get rid of the clipping.

you may have any issue with the size of these two types... one being too big the other maybe small (small could be workable)

some links or example would be appriciated
It was a typo on my phone's auto correction it's supposed to be 120 or 150 ohm.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Macx

Post by Macx » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Hello together, I have unfortunately a problem with my helder aio board 2.2 . In principle it works perfectly, only the tone does not fit somehow. In a very quiet volume I hear the sound perfect, but as soon as I turn louder, the sound begins with hook and stutter. what can I do? (Google Translator :lol: ) Thanks in advance :!:

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Macx wrote:Hello together, I have unfortunately a problem with my helder aio board 2.2 . In principle it works perfectly, only the tone does not fit somehow. In a very quiet volume I hear the sound perfect, but as soon as I turn louder, the sound begins with hook and stutter. what can I do? (Google Translator :lol: ) Thanks in advance :!:
What are the vlaues of the resistors next to the heqadphone socket? if you look back on the last couple of pages you will see what people did to fix the low volume with changing the resistors to a lower value like something around 100ohms instead of the 200 that is on your current board in R15 and R16.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Lphillimore wrote:UPDATE: FIXED :lol:

Ok so disabled one of the input channels by changing the config to mono in the config.txt

Sound working perfectly.

The solder joint for the left input volume pot must have been disconnected unbeknownst to me previously and i reattached it causing this issue when i realigned the HDMI port :|

I suspect that anyone using this resistor fix and still getting choppy sound switches to mono and retests :mrgreen:
What is the exact line you used in the config.txt? I will add it to the fixes on the first post along with an updated wiring diagram that corresponds to this fix. Thanks.

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Hey whats up @helder long time no chat.

Curious I have my about my GBZ V1 that has the adafruit screen and your AIO 1.4 version I believe (the first one with the usb hub) both running from an adafruit 1000C. I probably won't be able to upgrade to the pi 0 W since it consumes about 200mA at boot and 120mA at idle right?

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Helder wrote:
Lphillimore wrote:UPDATE: FIXED :lol:

Sound working perfectly.

What is the exact line you used in the config.txt? I will add it to the fixes on the first post along with an updated wiring diagram that corresponds to this fix. Thanks.
Hi @Helder

I used:

dtoverlay=pwm,pin=18,func=2

However I could have used:

dtoverlay=pwm,pin=13,func=4

My logic being that as I left all inputs soldered to the volume pot (rather than opening the GBZ again), it makes no difference what channel I stopped using.

Based on this, If you de-solder one of the inputs from the volume pot obviously you'll need to use the correct mono config line to ensure you get audio from the input you left attached.

So probably easier to just use mono config :mrgreen: