All in One PCB Support Thread

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:54 pm

I would reinstall Retropie first as it's mentioning something about a missing sound driver so that's really odd and might be a corrupt OS image, check your card with h2testw which is a free program to be sure the card isn't bad or if you skip this be sure to reinstall the image and then try again with the config file.

The config file was for the original Pi Zero and not the W so maybe that might be the issue, you can always just add the line for audio manually yourself and see if that also fixes the issue.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:24 am

drafterITA wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 am

Shielding also the pot wires did the trick thanks :)
any pics to show what you did....

drafterITA

Post by drafterITA » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:24 am
drafterITA wrote:

At the moment I can't open the GBZ, but basically I wired one of the GPIO ground holes in the RPi zero and then wrapped it around the 5 wires that go from the AIO Board to the Volume wheel. The other end of this ground wire goes to one of the ground pads on the power strip section of the AIO Board.
Cheers! :D
drafterITA

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:35 am

drafterITA wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 am
VeteranGamer wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:24 am
drafterITA wrote:

At the moment I can't open the GBZ, but basically I wired one of the GPIO ground holes in the RPi zero and then wrapped it around the 5 wires that go from the AIO Board to the Volume wheel. The other end of this ground wire goes to one of the ground pads on the power strip section of the AIO Board.
thanks, i appriciate that.... i actually understood what you did...

but i'm certain the pic would have helped others to visualise it..... (you cant beat a pic)

Jmags1700

Post by Jmags1700 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Hey I'm having some trouble getting the gamepad to connect checked all my wiring and have a fresh download on my sd I'm using a pi 0w please help me if you can I know it's been explained before on this forum but I am having trouble navigating the feed with all the different pages and all the different versions of the board hopefully I don't make myself look to stupid...
Attachments
IMG_0775.JPG
I did resolder the d+\- cause it didn't look like a good weld
IMG_0775.JPG (2.92 MiB) Viewed 9497 times

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Jmags1700 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:03 pm
Hey I'm having some trouble getting the gamepad to connect checked all my wiring and have a fresh download on my sd I'm using a pi 0w please help me if you can I know it's been explained before on this forum but I am having trouble navigating the feed with all the different pages and all the different versions of the board hopefully I don't make myself look to stupid...
Default answer is going to be to hook the board up to a computer. It should show up as a gamepad. You can cut up an old usb cable. Hook the green and white wires up to the main data lines and the red and black from the usb to the power strip on the board.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Jmags1700 wrote:
are you sure you've checked your solder joints..... the connections at the pi zero end looks a little suspect (could be the view)

id make sure nothing is being bridged there

Jmags1700

Post by Jmags1700 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:15 pm
Jmags1700 wrote:
are you sure you've checked your solder joints..... the connections at the pi zero end looks a little suspect (could be the view)

id make sure nothing is being bridged there
Yeah it's just the angle there is a visible gap but since you said it a checked with the meter no bridge :(

Jmags1700

Post by Jmags1700 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 pm

onesojourner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:08 pm
Jmags1700 wrote:
Default answer is going to be to hook the board up to a computer. It should show up as a gamepad. You can cut up an old usb cable. Hook the green and white wires up to the main data lines and the red and black from the usb to the power strip on the board.
Yeah I did that and it didn't show up on my computer

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Jmags1700 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Yeah it's just the angle there is a visible gap but since you said it a checked with the meter no bridge :(
First and foremost is to hook it up to a PC as mentioned above and see if there is an Arduino controller in the Devices screen where normally printers are.

Second I notice you have burned a pad or 2 which I circled in RED which I suspect (you will have to check) that you might have burned the annular ring circled in BLUE. The thing with this ring is that the trace to the USB gub is on the back end of the PCB and if that ring is burned off on that side there is effectively no USB connection being made. I've seen another user with a similar situation (if this is your situation) that the back annular ring was missing, so check that also.

If the second paragraph is your issue then you can solder a wire to whichever ring is burned to the following traces:
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.