All in One PCB Support Thread

Mischief

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Mischief » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:10 am

Helder wrote:
Mischief wrote:
Helder wrote: You mean to use 10ohm? that was the suggestions but seems it's causing audio cutoffs so something 75ohm or slightly higher is good but keep it below 200ohms, I also suggest doing the same on the R17 & R18.
I have some 100ohm smd resistors I can change all 4 to those they are currently all 10ohm, would that help with volume also or make it quieter? I have some better speakers coming 28mm 8ohm 2w speakers that I used to use in my lightsaber builds (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sound-C51.aspx) will be trying those and changing all the audio wiring to shielded wire.
Probably best to use those 100ohm resistors if the audio is cutting out like other people has been having issues with but it will slightly lower the overall audio volume on the speaker.

Thanks will try it, It is strange that it doesn't do it when using the headphones no matter what volume level I have it at :?

enemone

Post by enemone » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:06 pm

ANYONE HAVING CHOPPY SOUND!

I fixed that issue by desoldering my connection to the left or right channel it will make your speaker a true mono and will avoid both inputs trying to play at once through the same speaker which causes the choppy audio through the speaker.

I have not tested its effect on the headphones however.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Lphillimore wrote:Replaced all my original 10ohm resistors through R15-R18.

Then added 2x 75ohm resistors as per above by @tomatoflames

Audio now working very nicely. Relieved about this! Finally I can game. :D

Unsure why people are criticising Helder here?! :?: Without his tireless efforts and continual assistance to the forum we'd be nowhere.

Next time try what i told you , no resistors nothing :P
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Mischief wrote:
Helder wrote:
Mischief wrote:
Any ideas on my post above? :)
You mean to use 10ohm? that was the suggestions but seems it's causing audio cutoffs so something 75ohm or slightly higher is good but keep it below 200ohms, I also suggest doing the same on the R17 & R18.
I have some 100ohm smd resistors I can change all 4 to those they are currently all 10ohm, would that help with volume also or make it quieter? I have some better speakers coming 28mm 8ohm 2w speakers that I used to use in my lightsaber builds (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sound-C51.aspx) will be trying those and changing all the audio wiring to shielded wire.

Hi, how did you get on with the 100ohm smd resistors....

and could you provide an image or link of the type... as ive seen a few different types of 100ohm smd resistors...

thanks

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:48 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mischief wrote:
Helder wrote: You mean to use 10ohm? that was the suggestions but seems it's causing audio cutoffs so something 75ohm or slightly higher is good but keep it below 200ohms, I also suggest doing the same on the R17 & R18.

and could you provide an image or link of the type... as ive seen a few different types of 100ohm smd resistors...

thanks
I posted a link a page or 2 back where to buy them and you can also use regular resistors if you can't get the 0805 size smd resistors.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:39 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mischief wrote:

thanks
Haven't had chance yet will take a while as the board is in my GBZ and my life keeps getting in the way :shock:

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:56 am

Helder wrote:
VeteranGamer wrote:
Mischief wrote:

thanks
I posted a link a page or 2 back where to buy them and you can also use regular resistors if you can't get the 0805 size smd resistors.
Thanks... But regular resistors just look rough...
As for size 0805 smd, there are also variations of those....

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:15 pm

1/8w or 1/4w or 1/2w really makes no difference in this since it's such low voltage but if you want to "feel" safe get the 1/4 or 1/2 watt version.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

OrbitalPi

Post by OrbitalPi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:09 am

Helder wrote:
OrbitalPi wrote:So I've made a big balls up....

Whilst trying to replace R17 and R18 I've managed to remove one of the pads.....

Is there any work around here besides usb audio? If not its fine, I'll purchase a USB audio and working on it from there.
First post has alternate points for the audio and also a few pages back there is another image with the traces color coded so it's easy to find alternate locations.

Thanks for the reply @helder

I just want to clarify. I accidently removed the pad at the bottom of R18. And I've lost the resistor R17. can I still tap to the pad as specified on the diagram or do I need to replace that resistor first?
Not all Those Who Wander Are Lost

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:52 pm

OrbitalPi wrote:
Helder wrote:
OrbitalPi wrote:So I've made a big balls up....

Whilst trying to replace R17 and R18 I've managed to remove one of the pads.....

Is there any work around here besides usb audio? If not its fine, I'll purchase a USB audio and working on it from there.
First post has alternate points for the audio and also a few pages back there is another image with the traces color coded so it's easy to find alternate locations.

Thanks for the reply @helder

I just want to clarify. I accidently removed the pad at the bottom of R18. And I've lost the resistor R17. can I still tap to the pad as specified on the diagram or do I need to replace that resistor first?
Post an image and I'll have a look and offer some advice.