onesojourner

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by onesojourner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 pm

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 am

Twist the data wires, and where is the rest of the setup? I need to see your Pi and power board setup too.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:31 am

Helder wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 am
Twist the data wires, and where is the rest of the setup? I need to see your Pi and power board setup too.

There is not a whole lot to see on the pi. I gutted another usb cable. One is providing power one is providing data. I tested the setup on the pc and it worked. Then I took the data usb and went to the pi, leaving the pc to power the aio. No changes. Oh and the data lines are twisted now. Testing on another fresh sd card of 4.2.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Are you connecting the AIO to the Pi's USB solder pads underneath or are you using a usb cable from the AIO to the Pi's micro USB ?

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:12 pm

I was using the pi's usb port to the aio. No soldering on the pi.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:35 pm

There is likely your problem, you need to solder the AIO D- and D+ to the proper test pads on the bottom of the Pi and then Power the Pi from the AIO powerstrip so both the Pi and AIO are powered and connected circuit wise and the controls should work. Use the image in the first post for reference on the pads.

Jmags1700

Post by Jmags1700 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm

I was wondering if someone had a wiring diagram using the aio board and cambles safe shutdown with the power boost

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:24 am

Helder wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:35 pm
There is likely your problem, you need to solder the AIO D- and D+ to the proper test pads on the bottom of the Pi and then Power the Pi from the AIO powerstrip so both the Pi and AIO are powered and connected circuit wise and the controls should work. Use the image in the first post for reference on the pads.
I swapped USB cables on the pi and everything started working. I only tested on 4.1 though.

I have moved everything back to the test table. I soldered up the test pads and things are still working. Thanks for the help.

Marcus911

Post by Marcus911 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Helder wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:09 pm
Marcus911 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:52 am
Hi guys, first I apologize my translated english!

I got my All in One Board from Helder on Tuesday, everything wired and I am now 2 days on the error search. I almost despair.

I have 3 SanDisk Ultra Class 10 MicroSD cards with 32GB to Test with The Raspberry Pi Zero 1.3. At 2 I get the error as seen in the picture and with the other the Pi boots to a certain point and then breaks off, as it issues error messages.

I hope someone can tell me what the whole thing can be related.
I have all testpads connected to the Nintendo DS Lite Reader and have the Prerunners Card. (I have soldered all test pads and the connection to the card Reader two Times - WITHOUT Measuring with a Multimeter)

However, the pi can not start over the normal Micro SD card slot. I have to resolder the test pads to test the Pi with the normal Micro SD Card Slot?

Best regards
Marcus
I don't think this has anything to do with my board and is likely your SD card with the PRS cart. Try putting the SD card in the Pi itself not using the PRS cart to see if the system boots normally and also remove the PRS cart when you do this in case your wiring isn't correct since you didn't use a multimeter to test anything yet.

Also look at your soldering especially the parts I circled below, the USB wires look like they are touching and one of them is grounded.
Thanks for your quick help to my problem.
I had the USB cable soldered again, no improvement.
Then I have removed the PRS card and inserted the SD card directly into the Pi.
Now everything works as it should.
I will leave it now, because even with us in German it means: NEVER TOUCH A RUNNNG SYSTEM :)

I Will try it again with the PRS card but for the time being I have enough of it and am glad that he runs. Greeting Marcus

Brandonmel

Post by Brandonmel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:07 am

I'm just not getting any sound off my pi3 build is it different from the pi0 maybe I'm missing something.