All in One PCB Support Thread

RobbsyB

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by RobbsyB » Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm

The only things I attached to the board are the speaker and 4 wires for USB connection. Speaker +/- are wired correctly and USB + /- are soldered to the bottom right pads 5V IN & GND IN. Green wire goes to INPUT D+ and white wire to INPUT D-. Thats it. Nothing else attached at the moment.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon May 22, 2017 1:35 pm

RobbsyB wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm
The only things I attached to the board are the speaker and 4 wires for USB connection. Speaker +/- are wired correctly and USB + /- are soldered to the bottom right pads 5V IN & GND IN. Green wire goes to INPUT D+ and white wire to INPUT D-. Thats it. Nothing else attached at the moment.
the speakers not really an issue....

your usb wiring could be at fault, it could be a number of things (one could be the voltage going to the board)...

also, why are you wiring/plugging it into a pc, if youve gone to the lenght of wiring up a usb cable to it try it on the pi

have you any pics...

Marsh Volt

Post by Marsh Volt » Mon May 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Ok so get this, Im having the time of my life basically with a couple of hours of gaming time, when boom! Mario start running like crazy on his own and not reacting to any controller input and dies. Next round, works like normal again and i manage to play another 10 min and then again, running on his own, not jumping etc. After rebooting The Pi it wont recognize the controllers anymore. :'( Rebooted a couple of times without success. Any suggestions? I have the new 2.2 board

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon May 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Marsh Volt wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 2:34 pm
Ok so get this, Im having the time of my life basically with a couple of hours of gaming time, when boom! Mario start running like crazy on his own and not reacting to any controller input and dies. Next round, works like normal again and i manage to play another 10 min and then again, running on his own, not jumping etc. After rebooting The Pi it wont recognize the controllers anymore. :'( Rebooted a couple of times without success. Any suggestions? I have the new 2.2 board
Maybe it's overheating or there is a voltage spike tripping the pico fuse on the board, what do you have on top of the AIO? more importantly what is around the center black chip? What power supply board are you using?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon May 22, 2017 6:34 pm

RobbsyB wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 pm
Hey

I received my AIO 2.2 board 3 weeks ago and had to wait for all other components to arrive. Now I have everything and I started to test if the board is recognized by my computer as a SparkFun Pro Micro. However, if I connect the board to my PC, nothing happens (no entry in Device Manager) and the board gets warm.
What should I do?
Board gets warm means there is a short and it's likely your wiring which we don't have photos to see what it looks like so we can't help much also I take no one's word that the soldering is fine unless I see it since that is almost always the problem. Get us some photos (decent ones of the USB wires and what is powering the board) so we can asses the problem.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Tue May 23, 2017 12:18 am

It's just 6 wires, but I totally understand your point!
I'm at work now, but I will take some photos in the evening!

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Tue May 23, 2017 7:54 am

This is my PCB with USB wiring:
IMG_20170523_154304.jpg
IMG_20170523_154304.jpg (2.14 MiB) Viewed 7677 times
IMG_20170523_154419.jpg
IMG_20170523_154419.jpg (523.48 KiB) Viewed 7677 times
IMG_20170523_154347.jpg
IMG_20170523_154347.jpg (711.15 KiB) Viewed 7677 times

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Tue May 23, 2017 8:04 am

Maybe a stupid question. What voltage is the board getting. Do you have a multimeter. I had a problem to with a banggood charger and was outputting 7v.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Tue May 23, 2017 8:16 am

I am connecting it to a computer. So I should definitely get 5V.
My goal was to test whether the board is detected as a gamepad and then check all buttons with "Set up USB game controller" (Windows 10).

Marsh Volt

Post by Marsh Volt » Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 am

Helder wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:31 pm
Marsh Volt wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 2:34 pm
Maybe it's overheating or there is a voltage spike tripping the pico fuse on the board, what do you have on top of the AIO? more importantly what is around the center black chip? What power supply board are you using?
Ah ofc! I booted it again today several times and now it works like a charm again. I didn't modify the battery compartment of the gameboy case so the case is very close over the chip. I'll open some space around the chip and see if the problem reoccurs. I have the powerboost 1000c. Thank you Helder!