Need to share my frustration...

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
bammeh

Need to share my frustration...

Post by bammeh » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:56 pm

I was SO CLOSE to being done with my GBZ. Sound works, wifi works, the whole nine yards.

Then, I go to put the two halves together. This is where it all went downhill.

The screen begins to flicker and fade. Weird, must be a power issue. I check all my connections and everything is fine. I look at the driver board for the display...there is a part that is coming off. Crap. I solder it back on, we are all good.

Now my wifi doesn't work? Weird. I wipe my SD card a few times. Nothing. I plug the adapter into a PC and Mac...No signs of life. Oh well, Amazon refunds me. I get my roms and everything loaded using a Pi3 and then put the SD card back in my pi0. Everything is good. I go to put the two halves together...screen begins to flicker on and off continuously... Now that part from before has fallen completely off.

So, here I am ordering a new screen.

Note: always always always make sure things aren't cramped inside the gameboy.

Edit: Due to some gift cards, at least the screen was free this time -.-

arunBarnard

Re: Need to share my frustration...

Post by arunBarnard » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:25 am

I feel for you. I out my two halves together to find a capacitor on the screen board hit the external USB port and wouldn't go together. My headphone/speaker switcher didn't work and my WiFi didn't either.

I fixed the Wifi and the first issue, but had to abandon the headphone speaker switch.

jellybelly

Post by jellybelly » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:25 pm

starting my build soon, hopefully things are plain sailing for me but can see things going downhill easily

bammeh

Post by bammeh » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Update: Got new screen, works but the cable is in the way. Repaired the old board by desoldering the capacitor on and performing the 5V fix. :)