[For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
b0b3rman

Re: [For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide) Sold Out

Post by b0b3rman » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:43 am

Helder wrote:
b0b3rman wrote:Helder a quick question, as I can see the V2.0 already contains the PowerStrip PCB, is that correct?
You're confusing the AIO with the Audio board, there is no power strip. Also boards are back in stock and have been updated to a new design with integrated headphone socket.
Yes I am aware of the new design, I am talking about this componet :
GBZ_AIO_Jumper.jpg
GBZ_AIO_Jumper.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 10162 times
This isn't a power strip ? The design looks really familiar, sorry for my newb questions :roll: :roll:

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: [For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) In Stock

Post by Helder » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Dude why are you even asking me this in this thread? It's obvious what it is and I'm pretty sure that in the first post of the AIO thread it says what is included in the board and even in the thread itself. As I've mentioned a few posts up I don't want any questions or posts about the AIO here in this thread so it doesn't get derailed like it is now about something that isn't related to what this thread is all about and that is the Audio Board like the title says.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

winnetouch

Re: [For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) In Stock

Post by winnetouch » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:33 am

Hy, I'm using the latest iteration of the audio board and I have just one short question, since I couldn't find a diagram that I felt comfortable is correct.

The clossest to my question is probably this: http://i.imgur.com/pxrDRiJ.png

If I understand the board correctly the audio board needs to be connected to power for the audio to work. That's pretty straightforward and logical, but I'm a bit cofused about the buttons. I am not using a teensy rather a sparkfun pro micro 5V to program my buttons (just so we know what we're talking about). I would think that I need to wire the ground and 5V pins to the pro micro as well. Basically using the same pins that I used to provide the audio pcb with power.

Am I correct to assume this? I don't want to short anything since it took so long to get everything deliverd I don't wanna wait another 3 weeks for a new teensy or pro micro :P.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:13 am

winnetouch wrote:Hy, I'm using the latest iteration of the audio board and I have just one short question, since I couldn't find a diagram that I felt comfortable is correct.

The clossest to my question is probably this: http://i.imgur.com/pxrDRiJ.png

If I understand the board correctly the audio board needs to be connected to power for the audio to work. That's pretty straightforward and logical, but I'm a bit cofused about the buttons. I am not using a teensy rather a sparkfun pro micro 5V to program my buttons (just so we know what we're talking about). I would think that I need to wire the ground and 5V pins to the pro micro as well. Basically using the same pins that I used to provide the audio pcb with power.

Am I correct to assume this? I don't want to short anything since it took so long to get everything deliverd I don't wanna wait another 3 weeks for a new teensy or pro micro :P.
Yes anything and everything that gets power needs to be tied together, so 5V on the controller PCB and 5v on the arduino board should come from the same source as well and all GND (ground) points being connected too.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Arnaudsoma

Post by Arnaudsoma » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:24 am

Hi Helder, you write on your board values for resistances and capacitors, but what are the SMD Ferrite beads did you use on this board ? Impedance, frequency, nominal current, Omh ?

I now ferrites are useless if you didn't use the good one to avoid electric noise. Also in many step of GB zero construction we talk about Ferrite beads but without precises values.

Thanks

myke

Post by myke » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:26 am

Hi Helder,

this PCB Image will not be available?

Thanks

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:34 am

Arnaudsoma wrote:Hi Helder, you write on your board values for resistances and capacitors, but what are the SMD Ferrite beads did you use on this board ? Impedance, frequency, nominal current, Omh ?

I now ferrites are useless if you didn't use the good one to avoid electric noise. Also in many step of GB zero construction we talk about Ferrite beads but without precises values.

Thanks
Here is what I use and all the stats are there, but it's 600ohm and 100MHz with 500mA.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Lai ... f1kQ%3d%3d
myke wrote:Hi Helder,

this PCB Image will not be available?

Thanks
That board is obsolete and has been replaced with the ones in the first post.

myke

Post by myke » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:59 pm

Thanks Helder for your reply.

Is it possible to have a view of the game boy with the ones in the first post ?
Like this :
WP_20161024_001.jpg
WP_20161024_001.jpg (210.05 KiB) Viewed 9958 times

winnetouch

Re: [For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Post by winnetouch » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:14 am

Hy. I just wired the newest audio board to the raspberry pi just like in this guide:

http://i.imgur.com/jJddqdg.png

But I don't get any sound from the speakers or the headphones. Is it possible for the sound not to work if the pot is wired up in reverse?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: [For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Post by Helder » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:01 am

winnetouch wrote:Hy. I just wired the newest audio board to the raspberry pi just like in this guide:

http://i.imgur.com/jJddqdg.png

But I don't get any sound from the speakers or the headphones. Is it possible for the sound not to work if the pot is wired up in reverse?
Easiest way to know is just jump the right in to right out and left in to left out with a wire and then plug in the headphones or a speaker. Now I'm almost 100% sure you didn't add the PWM audio lines of code in the config.txt which is also why you have no sound even if things are wired up. Go look at my support thread in my signature for the proper config.txt files you can use.