[PRE ORDERS CLOSED] mintyPi Kits SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
VeteranGamer

Re: [PREORDER] mintyPi Kits

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:49 am

dryja123 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 am
VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:55 am

if Helder is selling max 5 kits per person, how is he able to sell 10 kits
I don't want to get involved in the fray but wanted to correct you on this. Helder didn't have an order limit constraint on his second round of the mintyPi PCBs, he only had a constraint of 5 kits on the first round. You could have ordered 100 kits on the second round if you had the cash. I know this because I read it in the sale forum and bought 5 the first round and 2 the second round. (I felt bad that I had 2 more than what I needed and sold them when I saw people couldn't get them.)

For everyone, please let's keep the language and arguemnet civil. There are members spanning all different ages. Please allow the mods to sort this out.
i initially quiried the premise behind the whole (which wasnt an arguement for me, nor has my language been out of place)

my bad, if thats the case (in regards to the quantity).....

but that still doesnt explain....

"and most importantly..... why buy the kits (if he was able to buy 10), only to put them up for resale, which has potentially stopped 10 other people from getting the kits"

i thought this was a maker/modders forum..... but its soon becoming something else......

i'm out

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:14 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:49 am

i initially quiried the premise behind the whole (which wasnt an arguement for me, nor has my language been out of place)
Your language was not out of place, someone else dropped the "F" word. There's no reason to leave the community due to resellers. Anytime there's a hot product that people want there will be people who buy them up just to turn a profit.

Do I agree with what OP is doing? I think he's stepping in murky water but if you add everything up in his kit he isn't making that much after cost of the parts. I think OP is actually providing a service but a service that GameStop provides (US hated game store) where GameStop sells popular hard to get game consoles in silly bundles with stuff you don't want. For a lot of people there is a lot of confusion on what to get and wherw to get the parts. OP is taking the hassle out of it and charging a meager price.

Please don't let the actions of a few people (gamebox and mintyPi PCB poacher) make this community salty. Let's try to be objective and if something is fishy, allow the mods to do their job.

Edit: grammar

OrigamiBoy

Post by OrigamiBoy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:26 am

Oh wow, I see I have a lot of questions to answer!

First off,

I have already spoken to Helder and he is okay with me buying 10 PCBs to complete the kits.
Wermy is also okay with this

Next,

I am hardly making any profit on this, it cost around 135$ to build this kit (If you want to know why PM me) so I am only making 15$ which is not a lot. Also, you say I am stopping 10 people from building the mintyPi. Have you even read the post? IM SELLING KITS. This means they can get ALL the parts at once with fast shipping from within the US.

Think about the question you are asking. I have not "stopped 10 genuine builders in any way". I have literally done all the hard work for them in finding and purchasing all the parts, The kit even comes with pre-cut tin holes and pre-imaged sd card!

Most people spend more than 150$ buying all the parts because they chose better shipping options to get their parts faster. They also buy things like files to help make the holes.

I plan to ship international in the future. Do you know how hard it is to find some of these parts in other countries? Of course not.

One more thing,

Read Wermy's videos comments. What is one common request you see?
KITS

- Michael
Last edited by OrigamiBoy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrigamiBoy

Post by OrigamiBoy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:34 am

@Hoverfly

If I were the same person as cobramike why would I be against my own listing?

Jeez people use some logic every once in a while

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:13 am

@OrigamiBoy, thanks for providing clarification to the group. Like I said, I think you're providing a service to those who want to buy kits because you're providing all of the parts, including the Pi.

I think we really need to start lowering the pitchforks as a community. Please don't allow a few bad eggs destroy the friendliness of the community.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:58 am

Hoverfly wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 am
i vote for banning OrigamiBoy and cobramike. They are probably the same person. Check the IP's @wermy
Lol not the same person. But funny
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 am

OrigamiBoy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:26 am
Oh wow, I see I have a lot of questions to answer!

First off,

I have already spoken to Helder and he is okay with me buying 10 PCBs to complete the kits.
Wermy is also okay with this

Next,

I am hardly making any profit on this, it cost around 135$ to build this kit (If you want to know why PM me) so I am only making 15$ which is not a lot. Also, you say I am stopping 10 people from building the mintyPi. Have you even read the post? IM SELLING KITS. This means they can get ALL the parts at once with fast shipping from within the US.

Think about the question you are asking. I have not "stopped 10 genuine builders in any way". I have literally done all the hard work for them in finding and purchasing all the parts, The kit even comes with pre-cut tin holes and pre-imaged sd card!

Most people spend more than 150$ buying all the parts because they chose better shipping options to get their parts faster. They also buy things like files to help make the holes.

I plan to ship international in the future. Do you know how hard it is to find some of these parts in other countries? Of course not.

One more thing,

Read Wermy's videos comments. What is one common request you see?
KITS

- Michael
there in lie the issue i have.... you've seen this as a venture (hence why you've even set up a website but are getting people from here to buy from it) and thats really what it is to you (regardless if you make $1 or $100) that fact that your already thinking for the future to start int shipping, well good luck to you...
getting people to stump up $150+ in one go might not be a bad idea... but when people are already struggling to find the basic kits (well each to their own i suppose)
the only part that is hard to come by is the actual mintypi kits sold by helder, everything else is easily available (unless you in other mongolia, and i'm sure someone out there wont have any issues)

i've not been with this forum for long, but what i did like about it was the whole community aspect of it....
i saw it as a sharing maker/modder community... where like minded makers and modders came together sharing ideas and designs and showing off the creations....

but since the introdution of the mintyPi (which props to Wermy and Helder is a great project),
it just seems like a money grab or venture opportunist are the order of the day...

so i appriciate everyones stance, i certainly dont agree with most of it......

and respectfully i'll bow out....

good luck to you all

OrigamiBoy

Post by OrigamiBoy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:17 am

Your right, The Community is great here. And I cant wait to see everyones mintypi's they built with these kits!

Its silly to let one post that you don't like ruin you. Just enjoy the other parts of the community! :)

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:28 am

Hey guys,
As OrigamiBoy said this was all done with permission from myself and Helder (the printed parts are even from me). Loads of people asked for kits. They are a huge hassle to put together, which is why up to this point there haven't been any. Being able to get all the parts at once with these kits (which, again, my only involvement has been providing the 3d-printed parts) will I'm sure make this project more feasible for a lot of people.
I'll agree that there does seem to be an influx of people wanting to cash in on these projects (although this doesn't seem to be one of those cases). But what I've also seen a lot of lately is people jumping to conclusions and breaking out the pitchforks without much provocation. This place is still very much a community of like-minded folks who just like to make cool stuff, even with the occasional bad apple (like the guy a while back who tried to dupe Helder's PCB manufacturer), so let's try to assume the best until proven otherwise. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:18 am

Honest intentions all round i'd say guys. Defending the integrity of the forum and it's creators as well as looking to help people out with a cool bundle. No harm done :)