Suggestions

Got suggestions, feedback, praise, etc.? Post it here!
Kilren

Suggestions

Post by Kilren » Thu May 12, 2016 9:43 pm

As this forum picks up traffic, and I expect it too with the new rpi0 announcement and RPi saying the new feature might be "availability" (stole the joke from their forum), I think that more organization in the main subjects might be helpful to keep ideas and questions from getting lost in the vast flow of user information.

I've only been thinking of the GBZ section specifically, but perhaps more breakdowns like GBZ/Video, GBZ/Audio, GBZ/Troubleshooting, GBZ/Teensy & GPIO, GBZ/Electrics & Wiring, so forth?
Last edited by Kilren on Sun May 15, 2016 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

crispy_tofu

Re: Sub directories

Post by crispy_tofu » Fri May 13, 2016 12:28 am

That's certainly an interesting idea, but too many subdirectories seems a little unintuitive. I would rather have a perfectly working search function, but then again newbies rarely search things up anyway... ;)

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Fri May 13, 2016 10:09 pm

crispy_tofu wrote:That's certainly an interesting idea, but too many subdirectories seems a little unintuitive. I would rather have a perfectly working search function, but then again newbies rarely search things up anyway... ;)
Ha! That is a true, saddening, and funny statement about the search feature. Though I've attempted to use it a couple of times here and it seems to be difficult to use so far. Always get the response that my search was too broad.

I definitely agree that you can quickly and easily go extreme with too many categories also, but I was just thinking about the really big ones that seems to be attracting the most attention. Primarily right now: video, audio, everything else.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Sat May 14, 2016 2:33 am

I would love to have at least one Tutorial Subforum, wher good tutorials could be moved to.
So you would not have to search for them.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sat May 14, 2016 7:49 am

Fleder wrote:I would love to have at least one Tutorial Subforum, wher good tutorials could be moved to.
So you would not have to search for them.
Yup, I was just thinking of this last night! I'll add it and move over the guides people have posted.
ImageImageImageImage

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sat May 14, 2016 11:18 am

Alright, I added a Guides subforum to the Software section, and also added a Hardware section with its own Guides subforum. Hopefully this doesn't overcrowd everything. I think some of these sections may end up going away/migrating whenever I finally get the wiki going.

Thanks for the suggestions!
ImageImageImageImage

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Sat May 14, 2016 1:58 pm

wermy wrote:Alright, I added a Guides subforum to the Software section, and also added a Hardware section with its own Guides subforum. Hopefully this doesn't overcrowd everything. I think some of these sections may end up going away/migrating whenever I finally get the wiki going.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Thanks for listening and incorporating them! This community is awesome, and its because of the mood you've set.

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Sat May 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks wermy, this forum is quickly becoming a larger and larger community every day because of your work! :D

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Sat May 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Great, thank you!

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Sat May 14, 2016 7:17 pm

@wermy

I didn't really want to make another topic for just one suggestion. Any chance you have any options to make the pages display more posts than 10? Perhaps 20, even better would be an available option to the user to choose how much displays.