Credit Card Sized GBZ

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
surprisesushi

Credit Card Sized GBZ

Post by surprisesushi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello All! I'm in the process of building a DMG Gameboy zero, and my girlfriend decided she wanted one as well, but much smaller! So we're aiming for something a little bigger than a credit card, and obviously much thicker. I think I'll just be using tactile switches for all the buttons with custom 3D Printed button caps and custom case. The question I pose to all of you, is this. Where can i get a screen that small?! I've found one on Adafruit, and its not bad, but its a little bit pricey, but if there are no alternatives, I will go with that one. Beyond that, I'm pretty much looking for any advice anyone could give me on how to conserve space and get this little guy as little as I can. Obviously this wont be a super feature packed gameboy, but we're just looking for the basics.

Thanks in advance for the help, and if there's any interest in this, I will document the build! :D