GBZ Really Loud Static Noise

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
89krisd

GBZ Really Loud Static Noise

Post by 89krisd » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Looking for some guidance or advice.

Built my GBZ using Wermys guide but i seem to be getting really loud static noise through my speaker. Using the adafruit 2.5 mono amp with the filter suggested in the guide.

Tried tweaking the pot on the amp without any success of making it better.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: GBZ Really Loud Static Noise

Post by Helder » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 am

89krisd wrote:Looking for some guidance or advice.

Built my GBZ using Wermys guide but i seem to be getting really loud static noise through my speaker. Using the adafruit 2.5 mono amp with the filter suggested in the guide.

Tried tweaking the pot on the amp without any success of making it better.

Anybody got any suggestions?
Also the most important part did you edit the config.txt to allow PWM audio to work?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

89krisd

Post by 89krisd » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:53 am

Sorry for the overdue reply. Not been able to get any pics been busy with work.

@Helder could you point me in the direction of some form of guide showing me how to do this please?

Thanks to both of use for the replies

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:13 pm

89krisd wrote:Sorry for the overdue reply. Not been able to get any pics been busy with work.

@Helder could you point me in the direction of some form of guide showing me how to do this please?

Thanks to both of use for the replies
So since you're asking it seems like this is your problem. Go to my support thread the info is there at the end of the first post. You can also look into the guides section for PWM Audio, simply take the SD card and put it into a PC and you will see there are a few files including the config.txt which is what you will need to edit.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

89krisd

Post by 89krisd » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:18 pm

@Helder Cheers mate your a legend :D