New On/Off Safe Shutdown Switch

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
VeteranGamer

New On/Off Safe Shutdown Switch

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:04 am

saw this on Pimoroni

might need some work to be intergrated with a powerboost, but for the price is worth looking in to...

but they are also about to bring out a lipo/charging board them selfs, which they say will be very reasonably priced

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/onoff-shim

tinkerBOY

Re: New On/Off Safe Shutdown Switch

Post by tinkerBOY » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:52 pm

I learned bout this onoff shim a while ago while on pimoroni site. Im buying one for testing. :)
New! tinkerBOY PowerSwitch v1.0 with Safe Shutdown
Game Boy Zero Controllers available @ tinkerBOY.xyz * Support
tinkerBOY Controller v3.0 - built-in usb controller, usb audio, and usb hub
tinkerBOY Controller v2.0 - GPIO buttons and builtin PWM Audio and Amplifier
tinkerBOY Controller v1.1 - simple pcb button
* DPI Adapter - better display for GBZ
* keyboard converters - IBM XT/AT Soarer's Converter | ADB to USB Converter

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:57 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:04 am
but they are also about to bring out a lipo/charging board them selfs, which they say will be very reasonably priced
got a link to where they said that? (i'm interested in that too. adafruit ones are so expensive by the time they get here. the main charging IC is about 60p from RS and I'm tempted to do some reference design PCB's myself as they are pretty straightforward, just a bunch of specific value caps and resistors to go with it. the micro USB socket is prob the most expensive bit of the board!

I'll have to check the routing (as it doesn't specifically say what IC it's designed for) but this looks like it could be a candidate: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/Tax6BWQZ

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:56 am

Get a tp4056 ic and a few resistors and caps and 2 leds and be done with it. Or buy a module for dirt cheap on eBay or Amazon or aliexpress.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 am

essentially that. except the cheapo ebay/gearbest boards are a bit big for my liking ;)
mind you, my next PCB is going to be a MIO (Mostly In One ;) ) for my main gameboy project...

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:07 am

abrugsch wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:57 am
VeteranGamer wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:04 am
got a link to where they said that? (i'm interested in that too. adafruit ones are so expensive by the time they get here. the main charging IC is about 60p from RS and I'm tempted to do some reference design PCB's myself as they are pretty straightforward, just a bunch of specific value caps and resistors to go with it. the micro USB socket is prob the most expensive bit of the board!

I'll have to check the routing (as it doesn't specifically say what IC it's designed for) but this looks like it could be a candidate: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/Tax6BWQZ
i dont have a link for the actually product....
i got the info from the product introduction video which was posted on youtube a while back....

around 7:20 into the video