[Interest Check] 1UP's Game Boy Zero AIO Kit

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
wesleh

[Interest Check] 1UP's Game Boy Zero AIO Kit

Post by wesleh » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Hello all,

A lot of you are probably familiar with the elusive Chinese modder by the name of 1UP. He's created his own custom AIO style boards that pretty much have everything built in. You can view his work here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7mQvFxuWsg&t=44s

A lot of you have had trouble contacting him in the past. I've been chatting with him for a while now about my upcoming trip to China. I've already had a DIY kit of his shipped to my hotel room and it's just waiting there for my arrival. He's also agreed to sell me as many boards/ kits as I need while I'm in China.

As far as I've understood, this is what the kits come with:

- Shell and all buttons (I believe you need to modify the shell yourself)
- 3.5" HDMI screen with 1UP custom made HDMI drive board
- Recalbox dedicated GPIO keypad with 4 front ABXY buttons, D-pad, L+R, and front left joystick
- 3000mah dedicated battery
- 1UP custom PCB with everything pre-soldered to the board to work "plug n play" style

Basically, all you'd need to complete your build is a Raspberry Pi 3, and an SD card!

Not 100% sure about this as I've yet to have the board in my hands, but I will be arriving to China this Saturday, the 10th. I've brought my tools and Pi along with me, so hopefully I can get the board working while in China, with enough time to spare to ship some extra boards to me for anyone who is interested!

This could go one of two ways. Either the board is complete, the shell has already been modified, and it's completely a "plug n play" style build. OR, he sort of just ships you all of the parts he'd use to build one of his completed mods, and you have to modify everything to fit in the case by yourself... we shall see soon. He has a "How to assemble" guide on his YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAvoSTPliE4 so hopefully that's what I'll be receiving upon arrival to my hotel.

Basically, if this thread interests you at all, give me some sort of +1 down there in the comments and follow the thread for updates. I'll probably make some sort of build log while in China assembling my 1UP GameBoy Zero!

Thump52

Re: [Interest Check] 1UP's Game Boy Zero AIO Kit

Post by Thump52 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Definitely interested and I'm pretty sure a Lot of members in this community will be as well, specially if you can get a deal on the kits and sell then a reasonable price. Please pm me when if you are able to work out a deal in China, I will also look out for an update on this thread.
Gus 8-)

Lpoolm

Post by Lpoolm » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:24 am

Yes I agree, this is a system I've been very interested in, if you could get a nice price I would give one a go!!
Check out my modding and repair channel of retro and modern consoles:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFz7yW ... GtQ/videos

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:35 am

I am intresting to. Also i hope this time there wil be a good translation. And good info of the product and tracking info.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Engarhod

Post by Engarhod » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:53 am

100% interested and looking forward to updates.
+1

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:33 am

wesleh wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 pm
Hello all,

A lot of you are probably familiar with the elusive Chinese modder by the name of 1UP. He's created his own custom AIO style boards that pretty much have everything built in. You can view his work here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7mQvFxuWsg&t=44s

A lot of you have had trouble contacting him in the past. I've been chatting with him for a while now about my upcoming trip to China. I've already had a DIY kit of his shipped to my hotel room and it's just waiting there for my arrival. He's also agreed to sell me as many boards/ kits as I need while I'm in China.

As far as I've understood, this is what the kits come with:

- Shell and all buttons (I believe you need to modify the shell yourself)
- 3.5" HDMI screen with 1UP custom made HDMI drive board
- Recalbox dedicated GPIO keypad with 4 front ABXY buttons, D-pad, L+R, and front left joystick
- 1UP custom PCB with everything pre-soldered to the board to work "plug n play" style

Basically, all you'd need to complete your build is a Raspberry Pi 3, and an SD card!

Not 100% sure about this as I've yet to have the board in my hands, but I will be arriving to China this Saturday, the 10th. I've brought my tools and Pi along with me, so hopefully I can get the board working while in China, with enough time to spare to ship some extra boards to me for anyone who is interested!

This could go one of two ways. Either the board is complete, the shell has already been modified, and it's completely a "plug n play" style build. OR, he sort of just ships you all of the parts he'd use to build one of his completed mods, and you have to modify everything to fit in the case by yourself... we shall see soon. He has a "How to assemble" guide on his YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAvoSTPliE4 so hopefully that's what I'll be receiving upon arrival to my hotel.

Basically, if this thread interests you at all, give me some sort of +1 down there in the comments and follow the thread for updates. I'll probably make some sort of build log while in China assembling my 1UP GameBoy Zero!

Ok also to give you a heads up. These points are incorrect.

Because aloud of countries you cannot sent a Lithium battery, All you need to solder your self. Because every part is separate. It will not come presoldert.

Greets Mike
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Boydee

Post by Boydee » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:59 am

Yah I'm keen too.
Boydees First GBZ : Here

Mitaccio

Post by Mitaccio » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:18 am

I'm in depending on price

austin

Post by austin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 am