[Interest Check] 1UP's Game Boy Zero AIO Kit

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Jose

Re: [Interest Check] 1UP's Game Boy Zero AIO Kit

Post by Jose » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:21 pm

austin wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 am
Mitaccio wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:18 am
I'm in depending on price
+1 ☺️
+1 😄

Stek692003

Post by Stek692003 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:33 pm

+1

Germy

Post by Germy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:15 pm

im interested in the double analog version with windows 10 on it.

wesleh

Post by wesleh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:30 am

I've figured out what we're dealing with parts wise! This is everything you get when you purchase the kit. The PDF instructions are a little tricky to follow, but there's a lot of photos so it should be do-able.

If anyone would like to see the PDF before deciding that you want one of these, here's a link that's hopefully publicly viewable: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6h1B ... 2pFNExKRG8
If you need to translate it, take screenshots and run them through the Google Translate app photo feature.

Is anyone interested yet in for sure ordering a kit? I'd like to let him know ASAP how many kits I'm in for so he can ship them to my hotel in China. I'll bring them back to the US with me to ship out to everyone who has ordered. The pricing is as follows:

1 kit - $100 USD plus shipping to wherever you are (estimated $7 within US, and about $18 international)
I believe the only shell colors he has in stock are clear and white, but you can always use your own shell and buttons.

Let me know who's in for one!
Attachments
IMG_2136.PNG
IMG_2136.PNG (5.28 MiB) Viewed 7766 times
Last edited by wesleh on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:54 am

Don't get me wrong. For a guy that just has 3 post. And wandt 120 dollars. Can you give us some proof fotos of your build. Or something. Don't get me wrong was already doopt once. Don't happen again. And it's funny how you talk about your sale. But asks me for a PDF and fotos of my build. And wala i see my pdf here. Because you cannot find it anny where on the internet.

Sorry in my book is that now scatchy
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:23 pm

cobramike wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:54 am
Don't get me wrong. For a guy that just has 3 post. And wandt 120 dollars. Can you give us some proof fotos of your build. Or something. Don't get me wrong was already doopt once. Don't happen again. And it's funny how you talk about your sale. But asks me for a PDF and fotos of my build. And wala i see my pdf here. Because you cannot find it anny where on the internet.

Cobramike, thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. I've been keeping an eye on this thread and have the same concerns as you do.

It's definitely fishy that he's asking your for photos and the PDF guide when he's saying he has direct access to the creator.

In this day and age it's not uncommon for someone to try to scam someone out of a quick buck. I'm not saying that this guy is trying to scam anyone but before anyone sends out $120 to a stranger, do your homework and be cautious.

I can see this turning into a customs nightmare. When this guy tries to bring back a bunch of kits across the border.

wesleh

Post by wesleh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:28 pm

cobramike wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean $120, meant $100. As I said in my previous posts, I'm not in China yet and the kit is not in my hands. I said before that I would keep the thread updated upon my arrival to China or upon receiving more information. The reason I asked you for your PDF is because 1UP sent me the PDF, but it's locked and he's not replying to my emails at the moment. You mentioned you had a kit, figured I'd ask for your PDF guide to give people on the forums a bit more insight on what to expect.

I also don't expect any money up front, just throwing a number out there with a bit more info. As soon as the kit is actually in my hands and I feel comfortable ordering more of them, that's when I'd confirm with 1UP about a group buy for multiple kits. No need to be so assuming or hostile. I'm not doing anything wrong here. I simply stated the cost, and some minor specifics that I have, all while not arriving to China yet.
Last edited by wesleh on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wesleh

Post by wesleh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:23 pm
cobramike wrote:

Cobramike, thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. I've been keeping an eye on this thread and have the same concerns as you do.

It's definitely fishy that he's asking your for photos and the PDF guide when he's saying he has direct access to the creator.

In this day and age it's not uncommon for someone to try to scam someone out of a quick buck. I'm not saying that this guy is trying to scam anyone but before anyone sends out $120 to a stranger, do your homework and be cautious.

I can see this turning into a customs nightmare. When this guy tries to bring back a bunch of kits across the border.
Thanks for being a bit kinder with your speculations. I haven't asked anyone for money yet, and don't expect anyone to even want to order until I have the kit in my hands and I'm comfortable enough with the quality to pass them along to others.

Customs isn't a big deal, they understand you'd want to bring back electronic components from the electronics capital of the world. I've been through customs in various countries multiple times. I doubt this will be an issue. I can clarify with a few friends of mine who live in China who travel to the US regularly with parts such as these.

ICMF

Post by ICMF » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:23 pm
Well since we're in speculation mode, can I just ask... why? The kit is already available from 1Up. Why wouldn't people just order from the source, rather than going through some intermediary?

Presumably wesleh is adding a few bucks on for his troubles, so it'll be cheaper ordering direct. (last time someone tried to sell 1Up kits here they were $65). And you're not saving time on shipping either, since you've got to wait for him to collect the orders, travel to China, stay however long he'll be there, fly back, package everything up and ship them out. I can't imagine that being faster than just waiting for China Post. Not to mention the concerns already discussed.

:?

gilbertotron

Post by gilbertotron » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:55 pm

I think the reasoning is that 1UP isn't very good at emailing and only seems to realise a limited number of these kits.
Also, I presume that @wesleh can speak Chinese and while he's there perhaps get a better deal for the kits if he buys a few.
I've not seen them anywhere for less than $100 but then again, I've only seen them on eBay.