LPs First GBZ

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
Lphillimore

Re: LPs First GBZ

Post by Lphillimore » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:54 am

UPDATE:

WiFi is now fixed and working.

Config.txt already amended.

Added 'dwc_otg.speed=1' to cmdline as per AIO Support page 1 by Helder.

Previously i had added this as a new line and not as part of esxiting line.

Also added the wifikeyfile.txt to boot partition as expected my keyboard not to work. It does work however.

Microsoft Arc Bluetooth keyboard. Bluetooth receiver in my 2nd USB port.

:P

WiFi Dongles that work with my GBZ:

1) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111838168586 ... EBIDX%3AIT (Bought in Aus)

2) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Wifi ... SwiDFYRTRd (bought when in UK)
Last edited by Lphillimore on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Allright so finally you're done, looks good. but critical as i am, oh my why did you skipped the hdmi :P
I use it with a short cable mini to normal hdmi, so i can use it as home console on the tv too.. with 2 controllers connected via microusb in the cart..

But now the question is, streetfighter.. can you do low kick high kick low punch and hi punch ? i ended up kicking only or punching only :S maybe it's the rom i have idk. so let me know.

Greets 144Tech

P.s i would not use that cmdline from helder's post and indeed edit your own, but it ends up having a ffed boot and retropie password and all this, lets say it just changes alot v.s standard cmdline.. for the rest ..ok
I'm currenly busy removing all this text, so no text at all will be displayed on boot only a mp4 till it enters emustation.
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:49 am

Thanks!

@144TECH Yeah I decided I wouldn't use it, perhaps I'll change my mind down the line. The rubber is easily removable but for here and now im just using it as a Game Boy.

Maybe with a future build ill make sure it's accessible. I'm thinking that I'll use a Pi3 and use the HDMI out.

As for Street Fighter, no problems with mine at all. I've just completed it on max stars. I use Ryu and can do all the special moves etc. Thought it might be tricky with the L&R switches but adapted my hold of the Game Boy and all good. Try a different rom?

As for cmdline and config i currently have standard with the pwm audio, usb 1.1 and 800mhz 'overclock'.

Be interested to see your boot if you can strip away all that text!

Thanks again for your help on this build 8-)

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:09 am

Yeah, okay i thought you closed it up with putty or something lol (the hdmi)
But idk what rom you use as streetfighter, snes, sega, or whatever ? the ones i meant where Sega Megadrive (Aka Genesis)
At that time, on a Megadrive/(Genesis) you only had 3 buttons on the controller like A,B,C and with these you could make all the moves, not talking about l+r (snes) so i was wondering how, because i can't seem to kick, and punch, only kick or punch, not both so that's pretty annoying. if someone knows Pm me :mrgreen: maybe i have to use a snes or mame rom, but id like to get the Megadrive/Genesis rom working as it should, but there's such a bunch of roms of the same stuff omg.. and im not so willing to test them all lol..
another thing, did you scale your screen overscan down a little ? because you have a small corner on the right bottom.. so you are missing a little on the top left to right or what? or did you scale it to like 2.9/3 inch instead of 3.5inch ?

:mrgreen:

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:28 am

Lphillimore wrote:

Be interested to see your boot if you can strip away all that text!
Just follow this. Pretty easy to accomplish.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Se ... -boot-text

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:00 am

@144tech Ahh yeah I was referring to the SNES rom. Know what mean to regarding Megadrive controls but haven't tested the buttons on that rom / system but will chuck one on later and see what results I get at least to see if its the ROM (again not going to test loads) or perhaps a common issue.

As for the screen, no. Haven't tweaked anything other than apply the custom theme. Granted when the screen cover is on with the rounded corner you lose a small section of the bottom right hand corner but its very marginal looking top down.

Hasn't been an issue so not looked to try and amend the scaling but might look into it. :)

correia5022

Post by correia5022 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:06 am

Very nice, looking very clean, congrats
Check out my Boombox: https://nrcboombox.wixsite.com/website

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:51 pm

@144TECH Never got around to this last night as I decided to update all the Retropie packages which of course took forever.

Will have a look this eve as I don't want a potential issue with the controls when im playing Megadrive 8-)

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:58 pm

LoL , why would that happen, they got setup already when you started retropie for the 1st time :P :P
But anyway if you add some sega stuff, there's much of the same stuff or lots of versions, but yeah snes is ok too if it works because of l and r.. that should work always cuz of the 2 extra buttons, anyway in the menus of the game ou see only 3 ? whatever... :P
Snes works here, but my hair is another color lol :P still have to check mame, actually theres so many sf2's from so many consoles you can go nuts figuring out the best one of all, so we will see if im about to figure it out lol :shock:

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:22 am

@144TECH Hey Dude, think ive figured out the Genesis / Megadrive 3 Button issue.

I installed 'Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition' and found the same problem, i could only punch.

Looking online you can press 'Start' which changes to kicking (tested this and it worked) only but obviously thats not a fix.

If you launch Retroarch menu from within the game then go to Quick Menu -> Core Options and set the two input devices to 6 button pad then save the new configuration and exit the menu this works treat! :mrgreen: