All in One PCB Support Thread

Medochre

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Medochre » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Having a bit of trouble getting USB transfers to work.

Built the GBZ and have everything wired and working perfectly, bar this. I have one USB connected to hub 1 on the AIO, my keyboards plug in and work just fine, but my USB sticks refuse to mount.

One normal stick won't mount with the usbmount@dev-sda.service failure, while the other (a MicroSD reader with a card in) causes the lsb: raise network interface loop that never ends. Tried some of the options I've seen around, including the USB workarounds at the top of this thread and none seem to be working.

Edit: A combination of re-flashing retropie and re-adding the cmdline.txt edit seemed to sort this out randomly. It certainly didn't work earlier but I won't complain!
Last edited by Medochre on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coopman

Post by coopman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:31 pm

coopman wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 am
coopman wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:04 am
I'm having intermittent issues with my pi 3 detecting the board. When I first wired it up, it worked fine for about 5 min. Then I lost it and couldn't get it back. I wired in a usb port and plugged it into my pc and it detected the arduino just fine. Reattached it to my pi and it started working again for a few minutes, but on the next reboot of the system I lost it again and haven't been able to get it reconnected. Any ideas on what to check for here?
I'll let you know what I've tried. I wired up a usb port to the input and my computer recognized it as an Arduino Leonardo Game controller which seemed promising. I checked continuity on the resistors you mentioned to someone else having issues and those checked out fine as well.
I also just plugged the aio into a pi 2 via usb from the port I wired up to plug it into my pc. It recognized it as an arduino game controller, proceeded to work, but retropie lost it after reboot and now I can't get it to detect it again. This is pretty much the same behavior i'm getting on my pi 3 that I was directly wired too. It was detected once and then stopped.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:00 pm

coopman wrote:
coopman wrote:
I'm having intermittent issues with my pi 3 detecting the board. When I first wired it up, it worked fine for about 5 min. Then I lost it and couldn't get it back. I wired in a usb port and plugged it into my pc and it detected the arduino just fine. Reattached it to my pi and it started working again for a few minutes, but on the next reboot of the system I lost it again and haven't been able to get it reconnected. Any ideas on what to check for here?
I'll let you know what I've tried. I wired up a usb port to the input and my computer recognized it as an Arduino Leonardo Game controller which seemed promising. I checked continuity on the resistors you mentioned to someone else having issues and those checked out fine as well.
The problem I think is that your power supply is outputting too much current at a time since my board has a resetable fuse that will trigger if there is a huge influx of current and will kill power to the onboard chips. What power supply are you using and how do you have it wired? does it have a battery attached?

Also when the controller stops working check the 5v points at the top of the board and see if there is power, if the fuse tripped then there should be no power at the USB 5v points.

Brandonmel wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 am
another question, is there anyway to use the aio board outside retopi perhaps for kodi or as a curser or pixle ?
If you can use a game controller as a way to move the interface it in those apps then it should work fine but if those expect a keyboard then it won't unless you reprogram it for a keyboard.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

faithinme136

Post by faithinme136 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Helder, is it possible to reprogram L1 so it is activated by L2? I accidentally removed the through hole ring when I was soldering it. Total rookie move, I know. I've upgraded my soldering iron since to prevent it from happening again.

coopman

Post by coopman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Helder wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:00 pm
coopman wrote:
coopman wrote:
The problem I think is that your power supply is outputting too much current at a time since my board has a resetable fuse that will trigger if there is a huge influx of current and will kill power to the onboard chips. What power supply are you using and how do you have it wired? does it have a battery attached?

Also when the controller stops working check the 5v points at the top of the board and see if there is power, if the fuse tripped then there should be no power at the USB 5v points.

Brandonmel wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 am
another question, is there anyway to use the aio board outside retopi perhaps for kodi or as a curser or pixle ?
If you can use a game controller as a way to move the interface it in those apps then it should work fine but if those expect a keyboard then it won't unless you reprogram it for a keyboard.
Oh, that makes sense. I'm using the CanaKit 5V 2.5a power supply which is what I was previously powering my pi 3 with.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MA ... UTF8&psc=1

Everything is wired up like your diagram, only i'm using a pi 3 instead of a zero. I have the adafruit powerboost going to the power supply on the aio board, then i have a 5v/ground going out to my screen and my pi 3 from the aio. I don't currently have the battery attached though. I'll try your recommendations in the morning and see if that fuse is what's tripping. If it is, I have a slight smaller power supply i'm using for my pi 2 that I can try. It's a 5v 2a. I can also try powering from just the battery as well. I appreciate the help. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Anyone having / had input delay issues with the AIO 2.2

Used another on my most recent build. Controls are fully functional however playing Super Mario Land on GB for example...

Sometimes when running and also pressing jump...the jump isn't detected. Or the buttons seem to stop / start or not like being pressed together.

Haven't done much by way of diagnosis as yet so planning on rechecking wires, button pads etc and possible interference.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:51 am

Lphillimore wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Used another on my most recent build. Controls are fully functional however playing Super Mario Land on GB for example...

Sometimes when running and also pressing jump...the jump isn't detected. Or the buttons seem to stop / start or not like being pressed together.

Haven't done much by way of diagnosis as yet so planning on rechecking wires, button pads etc and possible interference.
Very likely bad membranes, take a look a page back or 2. You will see someone had similar issues and it was the membranes even though they looked good enough to work they caused issues.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 am

Helder wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:51 am
Lphillimore wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Very likely bad membranes, take a look a page back or 2. You will see someone had similar issues and it was the membranes even though they looked good enough to work they caused issues.
Ahhh. This will teach me for assuming that all pads are born equal !

Thanks for the pointer, @helder.

Will swap the pads out and retest.

Cheers

Brandonmel

Post by Brandonmel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 am

Helder all I have to do if my point got burnt off is find the lead and add some soldered to the resister ?

Marcus911

Post by Marcus911 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:52 am

Hi guys, first I apologize my translated english!

I got my All in One Board from Helder on Tuesday, everything wired and I am now 2 days on the error search. I almost despair.

I have 3 SanDisk Ultra Class 10 MicroSD cards with 32GB to Test with The Raspberry Pi Zero 1.3. At 2 I get the error as seen in the picture and with the other the Pi boots to a certain point and then breaks off, as it issues error messages.

I hope someone can tell me what the whole thing can be related.
I have all testpads connected to the Nintendo DS Lite Reader and have the Prerunners Card. (I have soldered all test pads and the connection to the card Reader two Times - WITHOUT Measuring with a Multimeter)

However, the pi can not start over the normal Micro SD card slot. I have to resolder the test pads to test the Pi with the normal Micro SD Card Slot?

Best regards
Marcus
Attachments
1492703507901-357312138.jpg
1492703507901-357312138.jpg (4.63 MiB) Viewed 7636 times
20170420_155017.jpg
20170420_155017.jpg (4.57 MiB) Viewed 7636 times
20170420_160445.jpg
20170420_160445.jpg (4.78 MiB) Viewed 7636 times
20170420_160514.jpg
20170420_160514.jpg (5.51 MiB) Viewed 7636 times