mintyPi v3 GIVEAWAY! There are several ways to enter, and it will run through the end of March, 2019:
- wermy’s 3D-printed parts set: http://market.sudomod.com/mintypi-v3-3d-printed-parts/
- Custom mintyPi v3 silicone buttons: http://market.sudomod.com/mintypi-v3-buttons/
- Helder’s mintyPi v3 PCB kit: https://heldergametech.com/shop/mintypi/mintypi-v3-pcb-kit/
- Flexible, 3D-printed mintyPi sleeve: http://market.sudomod.com/mintypi-protective-sleeve/
Tools used (some are amazon affiliate links):
- 898D+ Soldering Station: https://www.amzn.com/B01M32ZIWN/?tag=sudomod-20
- QuadHands Helping Hands Workbench: https://www.amzn.com/B01MTWLF2Q/?tag=sudomod-20
- Silicone soldering mat: https://www.amzn.com/B06XXSB28X/?tag=sudomod-20
- Neoteck 8233D Digital Multimeter: https://www.amzn.com/B01NAVAT9S/?tag=sudomod-20
- Solder sucker: https://www.amzn.com/B003FHYL7I/?tag=sudomod-20
- Desoldering braid: https://www.amzn.com/B01K89GERA/?tag=sudomod-20
- Flux: https://www.amzn.com/B00K8FOY7W/?tag=sudomod-20
- Flush cutters: https://www.amzn.com/B000AS3BLM/?tag=sudomod-20
- File set: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-8-in-Smooth-File-Set/999921002
- VHB tape: https://www.amzn.com/B00CC46XY4/?tag=sudomod-20
- Kapton tape: https://www.amzn.com/B006ZFNB2I/?tag=sudomod-20
STL files: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3477056
If you use these STL files to build your own, please consider using the donate button at the bottom of this page to show your support. 😬
mintyPi v3 SD card image (no games are included, based off RetroPie 4.4): http://www.mediafire.com/file/bc66b24cvzef2rb/mintyPiv3.gz/file
The image is still in-progress, so don’t be surprised if you need to re-flash if you build one in the next few days.
Tips/info for printing:
- You can use PLA for everything, but I recommend ABS for the hinge
- I print at 0.2mm layer height for the bezel and faceplate, with the top 20 layers or so solid so that the faceplate pegs are totally filled in. Also disable the fan completely for these parts so the pegs have better layer adhesion.
- For the base I print at 0.26mm layer height, and disable the fan for the first 6-7 layers to give the screw posts better layer adhesion
- For the screen back I use 0.2mm layer height.
- If the pegs don’t fit snugly in the holes, or the screws don’t fit nice and securely in the screw holes, you may need to mess with your extrusion multiplier, extrusion width, etc.
- There is a multimaterial set of files in there as well; I’ve had great luck with the Palette 2 from Mosaic.
- You may need to play with settings like solid infill angle to fill in tiny gaps in the speaker grill