Gameboy Advance Power Resetting when unplugging Modmatic Battery from Charger

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
Concemi1

Gameboy Advance Power Resetting when unplugging Modmatic Battery from Charger

Post by Concemi1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi, everyone. I was hoping someone could help me figure out the issue I've been having.

I just recently upgraded my GBA again with the power cleaner and amp from Helder and also replaced the capacitors with the tantalum capacitors that he also sells. Before this, I had the AGS-101 screen installed with the VRV2 from Retro Modding and a modmatic battery that fits in the battery compartment. After I did my recent upgrade, I noticed that my gameboy advance would restart when I unplugged the charging cable from the modmatic battery while it was still on. It never did that before. This is leading me to believe that it has something to do with the capacitor replacement that I did. I know all of the capacitors are in the right orientation because I followed the guide on the website and I also double checked all of the solder joints to make sure they are good.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

TL:DR ever since I modded my gba, every time I unplug the charging cable from my modmatic battery, it restarts my gameboy.

Concemi1

Re: Gameboy Advance Power Resetting when unplugging Modmatic Battery from Charger

Post by Concemi1 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:42 am

Hey, everyone. I found the solution to this problem if anyone else has something similar going on. It turns out that the modmatic battery has a bunch of diodes on the left side that have a lot of power draw. And the amp mod that I installed also has a large power draw. By taking off the top diode and bridging the pads, I was able to fix the problem so that I can unplug the charger from the modmatic battery without the gameboy resetting.