2 Player screen & Gameboy Camera

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
ckaystudios

2 Player screen & Gameboy Camera

Post by ckaystudios » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Is there a way to make a link cable to connect another monitor and controls for player 2? Maybe coding that involves "in case this is plugged in...activate these buttons and monitor" ? I don't if Im explaining this properly but if you understand...please help.

About the gameboy camera. Can I wire the pegs like the SD card in his tutorial but add a camera on a raspberry pi zero camera version? Instead of using retro pi, use an actually OS on the micro SD card. I would like some info to see if its possible before I buy the parts.

Thanks
CKAY

FreddySalted

Re: 2 Player screen & Gameboy Camera

Post by FreddySalted » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Is there a way to make a link cable to connect another monitor and controls for player 2? Maybe coding that involves "in case this is plugged in...activate these buttons and monitor" ? I don't if Im explaining this properly but if you understand...please help.
You should be able to make an external screen & controls or "Slave Boy Zero". Just build it as a usb gamepad and composite screen then route the connections to a external port. No coding necessary, Just a second screen and controller.
The original DMG EXT port and cable could be used as there are 6x wires (4x USB + 2x Composite) the extra space inside the slave unit could be used for bigger batteries

About the gameboy camera. Can I wire the pegs like the SD card in his tutorial but add a camera on a raspberry pi zero camera version? Instead of using retro pi, use an actually OS on the micro SD card. I would like some info to see if its possible before I buy the parts.
This is easily done, and if you use the Adafruit Spy cam (Link below) you would be able to use the rotation without worrying about breaking the flex
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1937