NES - "Evercard"

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
Kilren

Re: NES - "Evercard"

Post by Kilren » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:55 am

SidSilver wrote:I've seen something like that on instructables

Here : http://www.instructables.com/id/NES-in-a-Cartridge/
That is really cool, but if I understand right, he is wanting to run the brains of an RPi0 through a cartridge, similar to how we are using the GB cartridge to run the SD on the RPi0.

The trick with his system is getting the pi to read through the cartridge and play nice with the native components of the original hardware of an NES

Flowlance

Post by Flowlance » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:24 am

I think the price of the everdrive is a pretty good deal. You get to play about every single game made for the system, and it's about the same price as a couple of new games these days.

skrapps914

Post by skrapps914 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:23 am

couldnt you just stick a pi 0 in a Nes cartridge shell, and wire the sd card out to an nes game pcb pins? (similar how the gameboy cartridge extends the sd port out in gameboy zero). and put a stand alone nes emulator in there with the entire nes rom set on it? so that when you power on the nintendo, with the cartridge in it, it loads up the emulator with a list of games?

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:18 pm

skrapps914 wrote:couldnt you just stick a pi 0 in a Nes cartridge shell, and wire the sd card out to an nes game pcb pins? (similar how the gameboy cartridge extends the sd port out in gameboy zero). and put a stand alone nes emulator in there with the entire nes rom set on it? so that when you power on the nintendo, with the cartridge in it, it loads up the emulator with a list of games?
Unless you know something I don't (which is quite common), the idea of putting a pi in the cartridge won't work with the native OEM internals of an NES. Now, if you're talking about an emulation box with different stuff then absolutely.

Spaddel

Post by Spaddel » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:13 am

Maybe I understood something wrong, but this project to me looks a lot like an "Evercard" with advanced features:
https://de.osdn.net/projects/unagi/wiki/kazzo_intro_en