pspgo build maybe

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
lilithgale

pspgo build maybe

Post by lilithgale » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 am

first sorry if this is in the the wrong place

but im trying to build a preferably raspberry pi 3 pspgo but if because of size have to drop down to a zero i guess thats fine

finding the case tricky but able to do the joysticks easy buttons easy but its the electrical getting stuck on mainly a way to build the board and the smaller charge and sound boards that would be good

the only change to the main design is making it with 2 joysticks which theres enough room for if the start select gets moved up and more to the center

some advise on like a what the best charging and sound boards for it and some help designing a control board theres not very thick cases and would like to use it for more then just gaming

thank you

RogerX

Re: pspgo build maybe

Post by RogerX » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm

I'm a big fan of doing things "just because," but in case you were not aware, there is a very active retrogaming community around using software-modified PSPs without ripping apart the hardware. Based on what I saw when looking at a PSP Go, I figured it would be much too little space to do a quality job of fitting in a replacement screen plus control board plus charging circuit plus battery plus pi zero plus sound hardware plus controls.
-RogerX
Instagram & Twitter: @iamroot ( http://instagram.com/iamroot )
sudomod Discord: Roger the Bananaman

lilithgale

Post by lilithgale » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:44 pm

no i know theres is a software community and was apart of it with the first few versions of the psp but because of the fact im trying to add the second joy stick and move things around it would have to be hardware lol

and dont think the screen would haveto be replaces its just really the controle stuff on the lower part of the slider

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:49 am

I take it you've looked at othermod and CHIPstation portable?

*IF* the screen is usable in a DPI configuration, then *MAYBE* a custom PCB could be made for a zero to slot in.
I know the PCB for CSP was a tricky fit and that was in a PSP-100X with plenty of extra space.

lilithgale

Post by lilithgale » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:27 pm

ya i had seen those but there using the old style which doesnt work for what im trying to build which is based on the psp go not the top part where the screen goes is fine dont think that needs to have anything done to it its the bottom part

everything should fit i hope and tho id still like to do it with a pi 3 the zero keeps being the one mentioned that may just have to be the one gone with

did figured to for the 2 joy sticks just drilling out of printing a new plate for the second joy stick to go where the start select buttons go and move those um between the sticks

hope the pics show better the one im talking about the reason im trying to do it with the go is the screen slides over the controls making it smaller and easier to put in a pocket
Attachments
DSC_0182-1200x800.jpg
DSC_0182-1200x800.jpg (160.58 KiB) Viewed 7111 times
617tau5igdl-_sl1000_.jpg
617tau5igdl-_sl1000_.jpg (71.34 KiB) Viewed 7111 times

lilithgale

Post by lilithgale » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:03 pm

think im going to go with the compute module over the pi 3 about the same power just with out of the things id remove anyways

vamdolly

Post by vamdolly » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:43 am

Hi just wondering if you ever went through with the project? As iv been wanting to mod a psp go with a second stick and use a pi aswell.