USB/WIFI issue

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
grenade44

USB/WIFI issue

Post by grenade44 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:58 am

I have now almost finished my build and I'm having issues with the usb sockets. I've got 1 sockets (buttons are wired to the gpio pins) that the 5v and gnd are connected to the power breakout board and the data are connected to the pp22 and pp23 pads.

Everything seems to work fine when the WiFi dongle(official) is connected but now it will stay connected for a couple of minutes and then stops working. I have a keyboard plugged in instead and sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I can't get any hub to work.

My hub did work before I put everything in the shell. I have tired a couple of hubs that I now work.

I'm using he latest retropie build v3.8.1 it also did the same on v3.7.

I hope some can help me out.

wermy
Site Admin

Re: USB/WIFI issue

Post by wermy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:25 am

grenade44 wrote:I have now almost finished my build and I'm having issues with the usb sockets. I've got 1 sockets (buttons are wired to the gpio pins) that the 5v and gnd are connected to the power breakout board and the data are connected to the pp22 and pp23 pads.

Everything seems to work fine when the WiFi dongle(official) is connected but now it will stay connected for a couple of minutes and then stops working. I have a keyboard plugged in instead and sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I can't get any hub to work.

My hub did work before I put everything in the shell. I have tired a couple of hubs that I now work.

Hey,
so everything works fine when it's not put together? I assume you double-checked to make sure nothing is getting shorted/bridged when you close it up?
ImageImageImageImage

grenade44

Re: USB/WIFI issue

Post by grenade44 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:14 am

wermy wrote:
grenade44 wrote:I have now almost finished my build and I'm having issues with the usb sockets. I've got 1 sockets (buttons are wired to the gpio pins) that the 5v and gnd are connected to the power breakout board and the data are connected to the pp22 and pp23 pads.

Hey,
so everything works fine when it's not put together? I assume you double-checked to make sure nothing is getting shorted/bridged when you close it up?
I think I've solved the problem, I changed the wiring to a damaged usb cable I had and made sure the power and data cables are the same length. So far seems ok, will update in a couple of days after I've used it.