Making a Pip-Boy

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
Frodowills

Making a Pip-Boy

Post by Frodowills » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 am

So The Wand Company is releasing a Pip-Boy Kit that has multilateral: metal, plastic, fabric, etc. Its a little pricey, but it looks like a nice model to house a raspberry pi and a screen to make a functional pip-boy. It doesn't come with any electronics, but it does have knobs that turn included with look perfect to add a pot behind.

Does anyone have any experience building pip boys that might be able to point me in a direction with the software and interface? I've never created a software project like this from scratch, only followed other peoples projects, so I'm a little over whelmed.

VeteranGamer

Re: Making a Pip-Boy

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:32 am

Frodowills wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 am
So The Wand Company is releasing a Pip-Boy Kit that has multilateral: metal, plastic, fabric, etc. Its a little pricey, but it looks like a nice model to house a raspberry pi and a screen to make a functional pip-boy. It doesn't come with any electronics, but it does have knobs that turn included with look perfect to add a pot behind.

Does anyone have any experience building pip boys that might be able to point me in a direction with the software and interface? I've never created a software project like this from scratch, only followed other peoples projects, so I'm a little over whelmed.

https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... 3dprinting