Diffused Acrylic LEDs

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
muttb0ne

Diffused Acrylic LEDs

Post by muttb0ne » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:57 pm

I've been around, an grew up with, computers all my life since I was 9, (I'm currently 43 :( ). In all the years, I've built almost every gaming PC I've owned, and have done quite a few casemods.

One of the things that I've done that turned out really well was to imbed tiny LEDs into a small hole drilled into the side of an acrylic sheet that would cast a glow to the whole side window. I'm just wondering if anyone here has done something similar to a small Pi project, an how did you go about it, an how did it turn out?

For the curious, here is a pic of my latest PC build. Quite happy with it!
20180109_024730.jpg
Wall Mount Ryzen PC
20180109_024730.jpg (2.63 MiB) Viewed 2348 times
This pic was while I was waiting on a custom I/O cover for the motherboard I had sent out to be manufactured, an more importantly, the GTX 1080Ti that was on back-order forever! However, happy to report that it's completed, an have been happily gaming on it for nearly 5 months now without a hiccup! To anyone that has yet not decided whether to go ahead an get an M.2 NVme drive, DO IT! From a cold boot to working desktop in Win10 is just shy of 9 seconds!