New banana Pi/SBC(single board computer) project help needed

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
ChadWinkler

New banana Pi/SBC(single board computer) project help needed

Post by ChadWinkler » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Greetings all!

I'm fairly new to the mod and pi scene. I have been keeping up with the new SBC's and Pi alternatives since they came out. Now I would like to start my own project. What I have in mind is a
1. custom 47 key qwerty keyboard
2. a black berry track and ball module used as a mouse
3. 3ds xl touch screen or something close to it at 4-5inches( and it does not take up all of the gpio pin ports )

Will someone point me in the right direction to implement all the components listed above? Overall the device will look like an old pda style qwerty keyboard cell phone.

The two devices of choice that will be used is the Banana Pi zero and the Lattepanda Alpha. Also, I'm not sure what type of buttons to use for the custom keyboard. I was thinking of using these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3147503888

Here is a link to the track and ball I would like to use https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 87136.html

All recommendations and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hellweaver666

Re: New banana Pi/SBC(single board computer) project help needed

Post by Hellweaver666 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:37 am

So... I doubt there are many people that have done what you want to do, but when I want to tackle a bigger engineering problem (and I'm a dirty hacker, not an electronics guy) I basically break it down into the problems and work on solving them one at a time (usually with the help of google, instructables etc).

One thing, you would find it much easier to solve these problems using a Raspberry Pi as it has a much bigger community due to it's popularity. The Latte Panda Alpha is brand new, there will be very little guidance out there.