GBA SPi Zero help

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
BorealBlizzard

GBA SPi Zero help

Post by BorealBlizzard » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:50 am

Hello, Im new to this forum but I have been following projects by some of the members for a long time (minty pi , aio's, etc.) and I'm getting ready to do my first project. A GBA-SPi Zero! Now because this is my first project of this caliber I came here to ask for your help. I would like to see all of your builds of this, I have found a few but I would like to see as many as I can to get an Idea of the best way to do this.
Here are the parts I'm planning to use so far:Show
I would like to see your input, and once I finalize all the parts that I need I will be sure to document as much as I can.

EDIT: I found this Github Project and then I saw some where that you can use the pcb from a SP but I cant find the link to it, It would be nice if someone could link me to it.
EDIT2: Project using original board
Last edited by BorealBlizzard on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie to the modding/hacking game, I'm ready to play and can't wait to start.

ABH

Re: GBA SPi Zero help

Post by ABH » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:45 pm

BorealBlizzard wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:50 am
Hello, Im new to this forum but I have been following projects by some of the members for a long time (minty pi , aio's, etc.) and I'm getting ready to do my first project. A GBA-SPi Zero! Now because this is my first project of this caliber I came here to ask for your help. I would like to see all of your builds of this, I have found a few but I would like to see as many as I can to get an Idea of the best way to do this.
I would like to see your input, and once I finalize all the parts that I need I will be sure to document as much as I can.

EDIT: I found this Github Project and then I saw some where that you can use the pcb from a SP but I cant find the link to it, It would be nice if someone could link me to it.
EDIT2: Project using original board
I do not recommend using the 3.5 screen, it will not fit easily
Also you can use Tp4056 instead of adafruit 1000c
To reduce the price and save space.

The Pcb will be much easier than DIY build, but I would not recommend you if this is your first project..

That’s the link for the “Gerber” files
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gameb ... Gerber.zip

Follow the instructions
https://github.com/Gameboypi/SPW/blob/m ... /README.md

Good luck.

BorealBlizzard

Re: GBA SPi Zero help

Post by BorealBlizzard » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:54 pm

ABH wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:45 pm
The Pcb will be much easier than DIY build, but I would not recommend you if this is your first project..
I would go the PCB route but that not something that I can afford, the $70+ price tag is just too much for me at the moment.
Newbie to the modding/hacking game, I'm ready to play and can't wait to start.