PIboy 4?

Got an idea for a project? Found a cool project you want to share? Post it here!
TheRealNamonid

PIboy 4?

Post by TheRealNamonid » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:56 pm

So a few days ago, I was watching the Gameboy Zero Build guide and I thought: Wait. The OG Gameboy shell looks like enough room for the Raspberry Pi 3 A+. Perhaps there is guide for that particular model. So I went online and found it, but with the B+ model in the N64 config. But here’s the thing: since the Raspberry Pi Zero can’t play N64 or PlayStation 1 that well, what if you did this with a Raspberry Pi 4? Wouldn’t you be able to emulate even more games? Perhaps Dreamcast or GameCube? I’m just asking if that would make sense.

Spyder

Re: PIboy 4?

Post by Spyder » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:15 pm

From what I've been reading, I don't think they have got RetroPie up and running on the Pi 4 yet and that is the limitation.

TheRealNamonid

Re: PIboy 4?

Post by TheRealNamonid » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Well, other than that. Like on the Release forums for Retropie, I can tell the time is close for release. But will the components go together and work. Say they changed position of spots on the headers of the Pi 4. Wouldnt that be a suprise, having soldered in the controller and it shorts out. I guess what im asking is, Could it still be done after Retropie for Pi 4 gets released? I think there should be a build guide on either the Pi 3 or Pi 4. Wouldn't that be cool?