Game Pie Advance

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
User avatar
Flavor
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by Flavor » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:46 pm

I do plan to bundle the kit with the LCD, because it needs a specific one. You can't just get a 3.2" LCD, because it has to have the proper connector. Some don't. In fact, we've wasted a good number of LCDs in the process of trying to get to this point. I don't want anyone to go through that.

I can't be certain, but I expect that we'll have the populated PCB paired with an LCD as the kit. Then, we'll have some GBA shells also on hand to see if people want those (or if they mainly use their own). I don't think we can source the Raspberry Pi Zeros, so it will be "BYOPi."

We will likely have the speaker also as part of the kit, but it may not be soldered on. We'll see.
Last edited by Flavor on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NGPC and WS Flash Carts: http://www.flashmasta.com
Freeplay Zero/CM3 (RPi In GBA-Style Shell): http://www.freeplaytech.com

User avatar
tronicgr
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:26 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 67 times
Contact:

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by tronicgr » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:00 pm

I was wondering the size of the LCD but read again the previous message...

grenade44
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 11:58 pm
Location: Whitehill, UK
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Contact:

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by grenade44 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:06 pm

I really do like the idea of these kits. I already have the shell :D . What sort of price are we looking at? and when do you think they will be available?

User avatar
Flavor
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by Flavor » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:19 pm

grenade44 wrote:I really do like the idea of these kits. I already have the shell :D . What sort of price are we looking at? and when do you think they will be available?
I wish I had a good answer for either of those questions. My main problem here is assembly time. My co-creator is much better at soldering, and he's out of town for an extended trip. There's a chance that I could solder up a batch and have some kits maybe in a week or two. That's probably the only info I can come up with at the moment.

In the short term, I will likely be building up some more full working units over the next couple days. We'll see how that goes. I planned to do some today, and other things keep popping up. Welcome to Monday.
NGPC and WS Flash Carts: http://www.flashmasta.com
Freeplay Zero/CM3 (RPi In GBA-Style Shell): http://www.freeplaytech.com

User avatar
Flavor
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by Flavor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:32 am

tronicgr wrote:I was wondering the size of the LCD but read again the previous message...
By the way, I realized that I had said the wrong size previously. I have since edited my message to state the correct size of the LCD.

3.2" diagonal
NGPC and WS Flash Carts: http://www.flashmasta.com
Freeplay Zero/CM3 (RPi In GBA-Style Shell): http://www.freeplaytech.com

uke
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 9:05 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by uke » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:21 am

Maybe you could add one button above the A B and another one below? Then it would be A/B anymore, but you could change the buttons to match the new diagram.

User avatar
Racerboy
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by Racerboy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:21 am

Flavor wrote:
tronicgr wrote:I was wondering the size of the LCD but read again the previous message...
By the way, I realized that I had said the wrong size previously. I have since edited my message to state the correct size of the LCD.

3.2" diagonal
And I'm assuming you adjust the overscan down to the 2.8" diagonal that the window has?

uke wrote:Maybe you could add one button above the A B and another one below? Then it would be A/B anymore, but you could change the buttons to match the new diagram.
This is honestly the most practical idea I've seen so far to accomplish X and Y.
Colorado State University - Undergraduate Mechanical Engineer and Minor in Mathematics

User avatar
Flavor
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by Flavor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:38 am

Racerboy wrote:
Flavor wrote:
tronicgr wrote:I was wondering the size of the LCD but read again the previous message...
By the way, I realized that I had said the wrong size previously. I have since edited my message to state the correct size of the LCD.

3.2" diagonal
And I'm assuming you adjust the overscan down to the 2.8" diagonal that the window has?
Yep. But, when people mod their own shell, they could open up that window if they wanted more viewable.
NGPC and WS Flash Carts: http://www.flashmasta.com
Freeplay Zero/CM3 (RPi In GBA-Style Shell): http://www.freeplaytech.com

User avatar
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer
Posts: 2975
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 am
Location: Rogers, AR
Has thanked: 1457 times
Been thanked: 3111 times

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by Helder » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:29 pm

Can you link us to the LCD you used? This looks like a nice alternative to the ones in use now and likely be easier to install.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.


Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

User avatar
Flavor
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Game Pie Advance

Post by Flavor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Helder wrote:Can you link us to the LCD you used? This looks like a nice alternative to the ones in use now and likely be easier to install.
I think it's the Same as the PiTFT. Look at the 3.2" Pi LCD that ad adafruit has. There are other brands that are the same design around, too. I think they all work the same, but I used one that has a 40pin ribbon.
NGPC and WS Flash Carts: http://www.flashmasta.com
Freeplay Zero/CM3 (RPi In GBA-Style Shell): http://www.freeplaytech.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest