WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
banjokazooie

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by banjokazooie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:58 pm

obsidianspider wrote:I love that you were able to utilize a Pi 3. Since you're using the PowerBoost 1000 Basic for the extra output and a separate charging circuit, I'm assuming you can't charge and run the device at the same time, right?
Well you can do it but only 1A output from charging circuit is not able to feed enough current to power and charge. With charger connected battery will last a bit longer.

obsidianspider

Post by obsidianspider » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:32 am

banjokazooie wrote: Well you can do it but only 1A output from charging circuit is not able to feed enough current to power and charge. With charger connected battery will last a bit longer.
Do you have a photo, or can you explain how you have the charging circuit, PowerBoost, and batteries wired up? I'm interested in pursuing the Pi 3 in a handheld route, but I also don't want to blow myself up.

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:16 am

obsidianspider wrote:
banjokazooie wrote: Well you can do it but only 1A output from charging circuit is not able to feed enough current to power and charge. With charger connected battery will last a bit longer.
Do you have a photo, or can you explain how you have the charging circuit, PowerBoost, and batteries wired up? I'm interested in pursuing the Pi 3 in a handheld route, but I also don't want to blow myself up.

Here is a wiring diagram

http://imgur.com/a/n9WPy

obsidianspider

Post by obsidianspider » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:37 am

Perfect! Thanks for your help.

doggerx

Post by doggerx » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi, imho this is an awesome project. Your build is very clean and it's not easy when you mod an existing case! Bravo!
I would try (probably not now, for money reason :( ) to build this myself. But i have some doubt:

- I don't understand well the circuit at bottom near the speaker. It's like an RC audio filter or something else?
In general i don't understand well how the audio circuit works with the raspberry and how it's been connected to raspberry (did you connect the ampli directly on audio output on raspi?)

- It's not clear (for me) how the teensy work with your script. For example the analog pins mapping for joystick stick (in the analogRead function) are not same on the pinout image (the same pin number). And how it's possible for 2 joystick work togheter with this code? Sorry for this question but i'm noob on teensy. Maybe if i had one in my hand it will be more clear. I tried to search some code on google but it's not very simple and the examples are poor.

Last request. Is it possible to have some other photo of the internal circuit from other point of view to understand better the project?

However thank you very much for sharing this project with the community! :D

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:57 pm

doggerx wrote:Hi, imho this is an awesome project. Your build is very clean and it's not easy when you mod an existing case! Bravo!
I would try (probably not now, for money reason :( ) to build this myself. But i have some doubt:

- I don't understand well the circuit at bottom near the speaker. It's like an RC audio filter or something else?
In general i don't understand well how the audio circuit works with the raspberry and how it's been connected to raspberry (did you connect the ampli directly on audio output on raspi?)

- It's not clear (for me) how the teensy work with your script. For example the analog pins mapping for joystick stick (in the analogRead function) are not same on the pinout image (the same pin number). And how it's possible for 2 joystick work togheter with this code? Sorry for this question but i'm noob on teensy. Maybe if i had one in my hand it will be more clear. I tried to search some code on google but it's not very simple and the examples are poor.

Last request. Is it possible to have some other photo of the internal circuit from other point of view to understand better the project?

However thank you very much for sharing this project with the community! :D
The "LC filter" is just and circuit to driver the power up/down and battery shutdown through GPIO with lipopi script running in the background.

The audio uses USB DAC card connected through pot to amplifier.

The teensy wiring for analog does not need to match the diagram , you can swap wires as you like to analog inputs and buttons and then just change the code which is much easier than re solder wires.

Here is a simple tutorial with sample code to understand how it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPNtMlSThwQ

Armstrs

Post by Armstrs » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:17 pm

I am working on gathering the items for this project and have been researching a bit. If anyone is planning on doing this, it looks like you can save around $20 by ordering the driver board and LCD separately. Based on the 6.5" display ebay link posted, the driver board is VS-TY50-V2 and the LCD is AT056TN14.
Board: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=252601883882
LCD: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=122050050794
I may have missed something but sometime next year when the parts arrive from China, I'll let you know. :D

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:46 am

Armstrs wrote:I am working on gathering the items for this project and have been researching a bit. If anyone is planning on doing this, it looks like you can save around $20 by ordering the driver board and LCD separately. Based on the 6.5" display ebay link posted, the driver board is VS-TY50-V2 and the LCD is AT056TN14.
Board: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=252601883882
LCD: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=122050050794
I may have missed something but sometime next year when the parts arrive from China, I'll let you know. :D

Not sure if this going to be compatible. If I read description correctly the board is for a 8" lcd with resolution 800x600 and the 6.5" is only 800x480 :?

Armstrs

Post by Armstrs » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:12 am

Yeah the description says that... but the board model numbers are identical and looking up the spec sheet indicates this board is compatible with any 50pin LCD panel.

Armstrs

Post by Armstrs » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:28 am

Oh and thanks for the inspiration and all of the details Banjokazooie. Awesome project and I have not seen a cleaner build than yours.