WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Want to show off your own project? Want to keep a build log of it? Post it here!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: WII U RASPBERRY PI 3 FINISHED

Post by Helder » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Leave it plugged in before boot.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

blu3rav3n

Post by blu3rav3n » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Helder wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:45 pm
Did that and tried it again just now but nothing. I went ahead and bought another Teensy because its the only thing I can thing of that might be the issue. Flashing a script to it shouldnt break it, but the moment I do nothing works on that same pc again unless I move to a brand new pc thats never seen the teensy before. New one comes in Wed so ill keep every one posted.

jbenedetto84

Post by jbenedetto84 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:08 am

Hi. Can you tell me where you got the perforated sheet for where the camera was? I'm having a hard time sourcing it.

blu3rav3n

Post by blu3rav3n » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:24 pm

blu3rav3n wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:42 pm
Helder wrote:
Did that and tried it again just now but nothing. I went ahead and bought another Teensy because its the only thing I can thing of that might be the issue. Flashing a script to it shouldnt break it, but the moment I do nothing works on that same pc again unless I move to a brand new pc thats never seen the teensy before. New one comes in Wed so ill keep every one posted.
Just got my new Teensy board, uploaded the sketch and windows still saw the device. Booted up my retro pi and went to controller config and BOOM sees the Teensy! and the button presses! So my Teensy was either bad from start or I messed it up. Either way I should be good from here.

jbenedetto84 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:08 am
Hi. Can you tell me where you got the perforated sheet for where the camera was? I'm having a hard time sourcing it.
Im pretty sure he had that custom made and the schematics to have your own made is on here somewhere.

banjokazooie

Post by banjokazooie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:34 am

jbenedetto84 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:08 am
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10PCS-Cuttab ... ctupt=true

AcmeLabs

Post by AcmeLabs » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:17 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:19 pm
Marty33 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:42 am
I wait any infos too :-D

It's hard

And this new PCB ? I have the old version :

just a quick update.....

I received all the parts required (actually received them last week)
I've just been so busy, and I hope to have it installed by this weekend and test it out....

VeteranGamer any updates on the board and the parts for it??

Would like to get a few boards and the required parts once they are made available.

blu3rav3n

Post by blu3rav3n » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:31 pm

Whelp I fired this Teensy too some how. it was working ish. Couldn't get left joystick to recognize left or right only up and down and right joystick to see any direction. Now it dosnt work at all. Not in windows not on the pi, nothing..............pretty sure im done with this project forever since it seems this part of it is bull and just donst work. If someone wants to finish this for me I will compensate you and any parts needed or if anyone needs any parts pm me.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 pm

blu3rav3n wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:31 pm
Whelp I fired this Teensy too some how. it was working ish. Couldn't get left joystick to recognize left or right only up and down and right joystick to see any direction. Now it dosnt work at all. Not in windows not on the pi, nothing..............pretty sure im done with this project forever since it seems this part of it is bull and just donst work. If someone wants to finish this for me I will compensate you and any parts needed or if anyone needs any parts pm me.
Don’t give up....
Getting the controls to work are a little finicky

PM me when your ready....
We’ll get this project done for you...

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 am

Helder wrote:
EVE-TECH wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:30 pm
Veteran gamer any update on that power circuit!!
AcmeLabs wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:17 pm
Would like to get a few boards and the required parts once they are made available.

apologies for the delay.....
but January was a busy month....

I've finally got around to this build....

its all buttoned up (well nearly)

I still havent had time to test it fully....
and I'll be able to give a proper verdict tomorrow, and also upload a video of it in action....

but so far it seem very (very) promising (props to Helder)
I havent installed the Mintybatterymonitor

https://github.com/HoolyHoo/Mintybatterymonitor

which will give me a shutdown button (which I've used the TV button for)
so all I've been able to test is the Power Button, and that seems to turn the system On and Off without any issues....
(which as it is, may not be great for the SD card)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:00 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 am

which will give me a shutdown button (which I've used the TV button for)
so all I've been able to test is the Power Button, and that seems to turn the system On and Off without any issues....
(which as it is, may not be great for the SD card)
Well if you used the code I gave you and wired up the TX pin the shutdown will only work when the pi has shutdown properly using the battery script of using the menu to choose shutdown. Of course if you hold the button in for a bit it will do a forceful shutdown as it is useful for those time the Pi might freeze and there is no way to do a proper shutdown.

Once you fully test it I can probably redo some things to make it fit better or whatever other things you'd like to be a better fit for the build.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.