I am reading in this forum for quite a while now and I thought I could start my presence here with the presentation of my first self designed retro handheld
In the last few months I designed a custom shell for a 5 inch retro handheld and designed the internals.
I called it the "simplyRetro Z5".
- Custom 3D printed shell
- Custom linux distribution for fast boot (from button press to emulationstation in 10 seconds - https://imgur.com/a/TFRGUFs)
- Single press power on and long press power off
- Battery Monitor icon and safe shutdown
- Stereo Speakers, Audio Jack and Volume Control
- 12 Buttons
- 5 inch display
- Raspberry Pi Zero powered
Tomorrow I will try to create a video of it in action.
I hope you like it