Site/Forum announcements
wermy
Site Admin

Re: Forum restructuring

Post by wermy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:41 pm

silentjames wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:13 am
Hey wermy!
Like new forum structure, but I have one little request.
Usually I discover the forum using New posts page. There I could see not only topic name, but also it's location - Gameboy Zero, Hardware subforums, etc. To be honest, I'm not really interested in MintyPi project (but idea in general is great and your guide is pretty awesome :) ), so I simply ignored threads from this subforum.
Now structure is changed, and these threads are displayed in new posts' list with same locations names I mentioned before, but sometimes
it's hard to understand where a thread is really located until you open it. So, could you please add the name of main forum section before the name of subforum to New posts' page?
For example, add mintyPi before Hardware Help there:
Thanks!
Thanks! I hadn't considered that. I'll fix them so they each say "GBZ Hardware Help" or whatever.
ImageImageImageImage

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:43 pm

I think it might be helpful to split for sale/trade to each section; GBZ, mintyPi, other. I'm seeing a lot of new threads being opened asking about availability of parts, AIO, and mintyPi pcb and LCD combos.

If you split the for sale/trade up you can sticky the big contributors (Helder, Wermy, Kite, Camble, PRSeth, Kubino) and hopefully people will read the sale threads before posting.

Another house keeping suggestion would be to add [SOLD OUT - AVAILABLE SOON], [RESTOCK SOON], [DISCONTINUED - NEW MODEL SOON] to a sold out thread so maybe people will read it for updates.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:13 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:43 pm
I think it might be helpful to split for sale/trade to each section; GBZ, mintyPi, other. I'm seeing a lot of new threads being opened asking about availability of parts, AIO, and mintyPi pcb and LCD combos.

If you split the for sale/trade up you can sticky the big contributors (Helder, Wermy, Kite, Camble, PRSeth, Kubino) and hopefully people will read the sale threads before posting.

Another house keeping suggestion would be to add [SOLD OUT - AVAILABLE SOON], [RESTOCK SOON], [DISCONTINUED - NEW MODEL SOON] to a sold out thread so maybe people will read it for updates.
Great suggestions, thanks! I'll take a look at tweaking that area this weekend.
ImageImageImageImage

Majeye

Post by Majeye » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Hey Wermy,

Could we add a coding block to the structure? I'm a software engineer, and though I see you have a software block, it appears it is more related to the current projects at hand - what if coders just wanted to discuss code in general?

Thanks!
-Majeye
1st MintyPi Project (Completed)

Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied Helder's AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!