Please post project questions in the forums!

Site/Forum announcements
wermy
Site Admin

Please post project questions in the forums!

Post by wermy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Hey guys,
I've been debating whether or not to post this because I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but it's happened several times just today, so:
Please do not send project questions/problems to me via PM. There are several reasons for this:
  • It keeps my inbox from being flooded. I'm on the forums regularly and will reply to your thread if I know the answer and nobody else has jumped in.
  • There are a lot of people on these forums who are smarter than me, and posting questions in the open will be visible to them and make it more likely that you'll find a solution to your problem quickly.
  • Other people may have the same problem you do, and if a solution is found, they will (hopefully!) learn from your experience.
  • It's literally what the forums are for! :)
Again, I'm not trying to complain and I love helping folks out with projects, but it's just not ideal to send questions directly to me. I reorganized the boards recently so it should be much easier to find where to put topics. And if you're not 100% sure where to put it, that's fine, take your best guess and a mod will move it if need be. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImage

Pirate

Re: Pleas post project questions in the forums!

Post by Pirate » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:56 pm

You should provide the links to the project help for both gameboy and minty pi links on this post so people that read this can be redirected to the right forum.

Cheers!

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Pirate wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:56 pm
You should provide the links to the project help for both gameboy and minty pi links on this post so people that read this can be redirected to the right forum.

Cheers!
Well, there are actually both hardware and software help sections for the GBZ and mintyPi, as well as for general/other projects. So hopefully those will be easy enough to find from the newly-reorganized forum index. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Boydee

Post by Boydee » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:03 pm

Please spelt in the subject of this thread doesn't have an "e" on the end of it....
Boydees First GBZ : Here

wermy
Site Admin

Re: Please post project questions in the forums!

Post by wermy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Boydee wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:03 pm
Please spelt in the subject of this thread doesn't have an "e" on the end of it....
Hah, thanks. Fixed.
ImageImageImageImage