Pokemon Trading?

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
LimeLimpidGreen

Pokemon Trading?

Post by LimeLimpidGreen » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:54 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to trade Pokemon from one GBZ (running retro-pie) to another? The game has the mechanic, but I'm curious if it is possible with this hardware. You can't get all 150 without trading.

Ganreizu

Re: Pokemon Trading?

Post by Ganreizu » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:31 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath. If i remember correctly you needed to trade through a proprietary cable? You would have to add a whole new port and whatnot and even then it might not work since it's a rom on an alien operating system.

If you want all 150 pokemon, and this method prooobably won't satisfy you if you're principled about where you source your pokemon, but i believe you can set cheats in retropie. There are cheat codes to force a specific pokemon on your next encounter.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:02 pm

LimeLimpidGreen wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to trade Pokemon from one GBZ (running retro-pie) to another? The game has the mechanic, but I'm curious if it is possible with this hardware. You can't get all 150 without trading.
Isn't there a retropie built in wifi-link to connect systems? I remember something somewhere about it. I think it actually might be possible.

Quindi

Post by Quindi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:11 am

Kilren wrote:Isn't there a retropie built in wifi-link to connect systems? I remember something somewhere about it. I think it actually might be possible.
There is but it's very finicky, and I don't think any cores has it implemented... Correct me if I'm wrong! Another solution is emulators that emulate two linked systems at once, for Game Boy there is one called TGB Dual.

EDIT: A guide for installing TGB Dual: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... _retropie/