Emulationstation suddenly doesn't boot

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
Ganreizu

Emulationstation suddenly doesn't boot

Post by Ganreizu » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:18 pm

I used my SD card on a separate raspberry pi 2 B+ to get my games and everything in order. When I brought the SD card back over to the pi zero, it boots into the command line instead of emulationstation. If I try to launch emulationstation, it clears the screen and gives me another command prompt. I checked that the SD card is seated in the pi correctly, and reinstalled the .iso only to get the same behavior. It still plays the nintendo boot video I set up, and it still works correctly when it is back in the raspberry pi 2.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

chanh55

Re: Emulationstation suddenly doesn't boot

Post by chanh55 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:32 am

What Pi board are you using? The retropie image for 2 and 0 are different.

Edit: I see you said 0. Yes, they are different images... I bet that's causing the issue. Why not set up everything on the 0 and use wifi to ssh and transfer ROMs?

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:17 pm

chanh55 wrote:What Pi board are you using? The retropie image for 2 and 0 are different.

Edit: I see you said 0. Yes, they are different images... I bet that's causing the issue. Why not set up everything on the 0 and use wifi to ssh and transfer ROMs?
Yeah I just went out and bought another zero, did update all packages and it's fine.

Wifi and usbs that aren't keyboard or controller doesn't work on mine unfortunately. Need separate hardware to do major changes to OS, which is fine since I want that stuff anyway.

SumCanadianGuy

Post by SumCanadianGuy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Mine did this as well, but I had ran the update script while it was in my pi 2. I had to run the retropie setup script and uninstall and reinstall to get it working. I installed it on my Zero and then used the 2 to move games and scan for metadata then put the card back in the zero