Odroid-xu4 possible to install retropie?

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
jbodhorn

Odroid-xu4 possible to install retropie?

Post by jbodhorn » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:39 pm

I know retropie doesn't support the odroid-xu4 so I tried manually installing it a couple months back. I ended up getting stuck on the graphics driver I believe it was. I really want to try again but I figured I'd ask if it would be worth trying again. Is it even possible to get retropie running on an odroid-xu4?

ATM I'm running Arch arm on my odroid-xu4, the Arch install script for retropie didn't work, but it's not meant to be ran on an xu4 anyway, I also tried installing retropie on top of either debian or Ubuntu server. I'd much prefer to boot Arch and run retropie on my odroid-xu4, if that is possible I could keep my odroid as the file server/NAS it is and still run retropie without having to start from scratch

If anyone has any experience with retropie on an xu4 or can confirm that it's not possible please let me know. If I'm in the wrong forum section sorry for that, lmk where this should be and I will move my post

ICMF

Re: Odroid-xu4 possible to install retropie?

Post by ICMF » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Lakka has an XU3/4 release. It's based on Retroarch (as is Retropie) so it's functionally very similar. It's designed to be more streamlined for the end user though, which means it's simpler to set up, but is it's less customizable.

http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Hardware-support/

jbodhorn

Post by jbodhorn » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:16 pm

I was looking at lakka but for one I'd prefer to run arch if possible and two I was trying to avoid buying a second odroid. If it came down to it I can definitely set everything up that I already run on my odroid in debian or Ubuntu if I can get retropie to run.

I like how easy it is to customize retropie, switching between emulationstation, desktop, and kodi. I got the impression that if I could do that with lakka that it would be a bit more difficult, to the point I'd be better off leaving my current odroid as is and buying another, which in that case I'd buy a C2 since retropie is already supported on it

Beautjes

Post by Beautjes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:32 pm

RetroPie is available now for the odroid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxEfsUse8qo
Good luck!

ramson

Post by ramson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Thanks, Beautjes