sorting roms in mame /hiding unwated games in mame

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
fedplast

sorting roms in mame /hiding unwated games in mame

Post by fedplast » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Hello,

I'm breaking my head trying to figure out how to organize the games in mame: I'm running a pi3, I downloaded the correct romset (mame 0.78 running on lr-mame2003) and I can place the games in mame or arcade to get them to work. but I don't want all +4000 games: I'd like to remove mature, maljohng, triva etc. and most clones. aside from picking the games I want 1 by 1, is there a better way?or, in mame64 on windows I use to just go thru the list, place the one I like in a favorite folder or something, and show only those.
I wasted lots of hours on google, I couldn't find a solution that's meant for emulationStation (not 1 that I understand, anyways)

Can someone please spoonfeed me this?\thank you!!!

This seems to be something that all of you who installed mame probably did at 1 point, yet I cannot figure out how to do it, nor do does it seem like anyone had discussed it earlier, but I apologize if this was asked before.

YaYa

Re: sorting roms in mame /hiding unwated games in mame

Post by YaYa » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:13 am

Maybe a bit late for a reply but take a look at clearmamepro

https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/

You can edit the xml file and search/select/delete all mahjong games with the use of NotePad++, you save the xml, and let clrmamepro use that that xml file as a dat to clean the set and delete junk zips

You will find hundreds of how to's over the net to do that.
Follow me on instagram Image