Keyboard & teensy both connected, error

Post tips/tricks or get help with configuring RetroPie
skrapps914

Keyboard & teensy both connected, error

Post by skrapps914 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:40 pm

for some reason, retropie, or retroarch is configuring my teensyboard (controls), and my usb keyboard as the same thing. how do i make them separate?

Kilren

Re: Keyboard & teensy both connected, error

Post by Kilren » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:34 am

skrapps914 wrote:for some reason, retropie, or retroarch is configuring my teensyboard (controls), and my usb keyboard as the same thing. how do i make them separate?
If you used wermy's code for the teensy, your teensy is your keyboard. When you configured the buttons, you configured keyboard layout.

The solution (if you don't want them to match) is to reprogram the teensy to be recognized as a gamepad instead of a keyboard.

skrapps914

Post by skrapps914 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:37 am

ah yeah, i was confused because on the emustation input screen it says gamepad detected, but i guess because its picking up the keyboard/mouse/joystick combo from teensy. ill have to find a code where it makes teensy a usb gamepad

chiz

Post by chiz » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:14 am

I'm using the Teensy as gamepad due to this exact same challenge. The advantage of having the Teensy as gamepad is you can have configurations for both and don't confuse you whenever you switch between the control buttons and a regular keyboard.

I just used the joystick program code under the Teensy sample programs to program the Teensy for gamepad/joystick use.

skrapps914

Post by skrapps914 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:19 pm

chiz wrote:I'm using the Teensy as gamepad due to this exact same challenge. The advantage of having the Teensy as gamepad is you can have configurations for both and don't confuse you whenever you switch between the control buttons and a regular keyboard.

I just used the joystick program code under the Teensy sample programs to program the Teensy for gamepad/joystick use.

tried that, but it wasnt working. i had to find a code from the boards here, and edit it a little. got it working. now, im having an issue with retroarch when i go to save autoconfig in user inputs.. i get "error saving autoconf file"

Jedi Nobjoblin

Post by Jedi Nobjoblin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:15 am

Has anyone Run into an Issue where the Teensy isnt recognized when you boot the Gameboy Zero? If I connect the micro usb to my computer the Teensy works and the inputs are correct I feel like I am missing something. I am using the Gameboy Zero Controller PCB and wonder if I havent connected it correctly so that the Teensy has power. Any help would be much appreciated.
〜( ̄△ ̄〜)

kylewismith

Post by kylewismith » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Jedi Nobjoblin wrote:Has anyone Run into an Issue where the Teensy isnt recognized when you boot the Gameboy Zero? If I connect the micro usb to my computer the Teensy works and the inputs are correct I feel like I am missing something. I am using the Gameboy Zero Controller PCB and wonder if I havent connected it correctly so that the Teensy has power. Any help would be much appreciated.
I'm having the same issue No have no idea why either.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:14 am

Jedi Nobjoblin wrote:Has anyone Run into an Issue where the Teensy isnt recognized when you boot the Gameboy Zero? If I connect the micro usb to my computer the Teensy works and the inputs are correct I feel like I am missing something. I am using the Gameboy Zero Controller PCB and wonder if I havent connected it correctly so that the Teensy has power. Any help would be much appreciated.
This could be a power issue. Maybe you have too much connected to your PI or its power source. Try to remove everything except for the Teensy and see if it works.