Can a rasp pi be modded to somehow run android apps?

Raspberry Pi OS/Software discussion (beyond RetroPie-specific issues)
joe7dust

Can a rasp pi be modded to somehow run android apps?

Post by joe7dust » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:07 am

I know the answer is probably no and this is far fetched, I am just trying to imagine how you could setup a rasp pi zero on a drone running periscope. They released an update in May that allows you to stream from multiple drones/go pro cameras. I'm sure some linux guru could hack together a solution to stream from a v1.3 to periscope somehow, might need to be streamed to a base station and then that rig would have bluestacks or something running on it w/ the app.

solder

Re: Can a rasp pi be modded to somehow run android apps?

Post by solder » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:33 am

HarberCandelario

Post by HarberCandelario » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:12 pm

I tried to do this. And I assure you it can be done

Hampton

Post by Hampton » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:57 am

joe7dust wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:07 am
I know the answer is probably no and this is far fetched, I am just trying to imagine how you could setup a rasp pi zero on a drone running periscope. They released an update in May that allows you to stream from multiple drones/go pro cameras. I'm sure some linux guru could hack together a solution to stream from a v1.3 to periscope somehow, might need to be streamed to a base station and then that rig would have bluestacks or something running on it w/ the yowhatsapp apk app.
Wishful thinking, AFAIK such a thing does not exist. Take the source of the android app, and rewrite it for Debian linux with a graphics library supported by Raspbian (QT), then compile it for the ARM CPU used in the PI.

Bradshaw

Post by Bradshaw » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 am

Hampton wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:57 am
joe7dust wrote:
I know the answer is probably no and this is far fetched, I am just trying to imagine how you could setup a rasp pi zero on a drone running periscope. They released an update in May that allows you to stream from multiple drones/go pro cameras. I'm sure some linux guru could hack together a solution to stream from a v1.3 to periscope somehow, might need to be streamed to a base station and then that rig would have bluestacks or something running on it w/ the yowhatsapp apk app.
Wishful thinking, AFAIK such a thing does not exist. Take the source of the android app, and rewrite it for Debian linux with a graphics library supported by Raspbian (QT), then compile it for the ARM CPU used in the PI.
A simpler possibility does not exist?

For example, an emulator that allows you to run Android apps?

kirito

Post by kirito » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:34 pm

Bradshaw wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 am
Hampton wrote:
joe7dust wrote:
I know the answer is probably no and this is far fetched, I am just trying to imagine how you could setup a rasp pi zero on a drone running periscope. They released an update in May that allows you to stream from multiple drones/go pro cameras. I'm sure some linux guru could hack together a solution to stream from a v1.3 to periscope somehow, might need to be streamed to a base station and then that rig would have bluestacks or something running on it w/ the app.

not that I know. Its not as simple as you seem to think...clashmod

jhon

Post by jhon » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:22 pm

kirito wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:34 pm
Bradshaw wrote:
Hampton wrote:

not that I know. Its not as simple as you seem to think...clashmod
I am totally agree with you. It really hard not so easy... KineMaster Mods

alemnf

Post by alemnf » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:52 am

It can be done, however it is not a simple work for sure. I have tried multiple times with my rasp pi but never succeeded.

Dhawad

Post by Dhawad » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:45 pm

Bradshaw wrote:
Hampton wrote:
joe7dust wrote:

Hi brather. can halp me please. Can me connect a Raspberry Pi to a TV please reply to me.. thanks.