Rasberry Pi 3 MultiBoot

Raspberry Pi OS/Software discussion (beyond RetroPie-specific issues)
Sasherz

Rasberry Pi 3 MultiBoot

Post by Sasherz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Greetings
if this is the wrong place, please move the post.

I am trying to create a spesiffic Pi3 project.
I orderd:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Retroflag ... 2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Retroflag-Nesp ... SwCJxZ8ud8 (for fooling and preventing thermal throttling inside the case)

I do have
Rasberry Pi 3 Model B
SanDisk 128GB C10 U1 Memory card

I do want to run a Trippel and/or even a Quad boot on one the 128GB memory card

Things I would like to have on the Pi is:
1: RetroPi (with games, duh), along with SteamLink
2: Kodi
3: Ubuntu Mate
4: Andriod OS (I might do this on seperate card, since its not quite linuxy friendly I belive)

I seen noobs, trippel boot, quad boot, multiboot, that has RetroPi, Kodi and Rasbian, but not option to install Ubuntu Mate.
I would like to have Ubuntu Mate instead of rasbian, but I cant find a solution to do so.

Is there any way to get the RetroPi, Kodi and Ubuntu Mate on same SD Card?

I did have a go on my own, to see if I could do so

First atempt I did was...
Install Retropi
Install Kodi through retropi
but this created the "ports" folder where kodi was placed in, and no idea how to make it its one click button

I would like to have the launcher on the main menu, something like...
Retropi Config, Kodi, Ubuntu Mate, each gamesystem have its own folder with its games

But as one adding more roms the main menu will be clutterd with systems and menus, so a more cleaner look for the pie system would be better, like having a submenus for the games.
Main Menu: RetroPi, Kodi, Ubuntu Mate, ScummVM, RetroGames, Etc...
RetroGames having the folders for NES, SNES, N64, Sega, and so on, and in those folders, the games themself

Tryed to move Kodi, but that just whent baaad :s

Hope theres someone with better knowledge than me to do this sorta wizzardry
Thanks

moooarcuuuus

Re: Rasberry Pi 3 MultiBoot

Post by moooarcuuuus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:42 pm

Berryboot is your thing.
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

CPLSeraphim

Re: Rasberry Pi 3 MultiBoot

Post by CPLSeraphim » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am

I am using berryboot on my pi3 computer with 7" touch screen. It works great.
You want to run the following:
1: RetroPi (with games, duh), along with SteamLink
2: Kodi
3: Ubuntu Mate
4: Andriod OS (I might do this on seperate card, since its not quite linuxy friendly I belive)

I am running Retropie, Ubuntu Mate, OpenELEC and Debian Jesse. I tried getting Kodi running on the retropie like I have on my designated gaming console, but I couldn't get it to work. I think because the squashfs files might limit some functionality, though I am not sure. Also, trying to make squashfs files will not work. Outernet will not work this way. This is just what I ran into. Berryboot is a fantastic way to load multiple OS's on the Raspberry pi 3, and really make it an even more awesome little computer. Please post here if you figure a work around to any of these. Good luck bud.