teensy 2.0

Arduino/Teensy software/code questions and discussion
kylepiboy

teensy 2.0

Post by kylepiboy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:06 pm

I have downloaded everything to get this teensy 2.0 going and i have followed all the videos and forums I can find. But i keep getting errors

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Mini, ATmega328"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
C:\Users\user1\Documents\Arduino\sketch_oct16b\sketch_oct16b.ino:1:20: fatal error: Bounce.h: No such file or directory

#include <Bounce.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Mini.

I cant find the teensy board or anything that everyone else uses haha. any help would be great

TimBer

Re: teensy 2.0

Post by TimBer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:06 am

Do you really have a teensy 2.0 board?

I would guess that board has a ATmega32u4 chip (with USB HID support), and not an ATmega328 (which does not have USB HID support).

If you read the first guide from wermy, you can read what steps to take (if you really have a teensy board).
http://sudomod.com/game-boy-zero-guide-part-2/
First install the Arduino IDE, and then install the Teensy software. The latest version of the Teensy software (which is 1.28 at the time of writing) is not compatible with Arduino 1.6.9. You can either download Arduino 1.6.8 to use with it, or download the beta of version 1.29 of the Teensy software.

Make sure to run the Arduino IDE once and then exit it before installing the Teensy software. After that’s installed, download the Arduino project I wrote, which will turn the button presses into keyboard events.

Open up the .ino file. In the Tools menu in the Arduino IDE select Board, and select Teensy LC. In the Tools menu again, select USB type, and select “Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick”. Now click the checkmark in the top left to verify/compile the sketch. If it doesn’t complain about anything, hit the right-pointing arrow right next to it. This should open up the Teensy Loader app, and it might prompt you to click the tiny button on the Teensy itself. Do that if it prompts you, and it should upload the code, and you should be good to go!
Read the steps in:
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

And you should be good to go