Teensy code = Arduino code?

Arduino/Teensy software/code questions and discussion
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Teensy code = Arduino code?

Post by Helder » Mon May 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Couldn't you use an external programmer that takes advantage of the ISP pins (there is usually a header on the board).

Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Mon May 30, 2016 11:52 pm

wermy wrote:Sorry for the delayed response. There's no way to reset it? That is frustrating. Have you poked around in the Arduino menus (the Tools menu specifically)? I've used some types of boards before that I had to manually select a reset type. I'm not sure if that's any help with your board. Here's an example from an Adafruit Wifi Arduino board I've used (this menu doesn't show up for every board, though):
No worries.
The problem is, many users reported that, if the board starts acting as a USB HID it will only send those inputs and not accept anything else.
So, it might work but i am not really eager to give it a shot if it may render my board unresponsive.
Some wrote about this jumper you can set, that makes the board only go into USB HID Mode if it is set and if you disconnect it, it is responsive to the IDE again. Well, guess i have to find out how to do this.

But thanks for helping.
Helder wrote:Couldn't you use an external programmer that takes advantage of the ISP pins (there is usually a header on the board).
I own one of those. Do you think this will work even if the Arduino Boad is in USB HID Mode and constantly sends inputs?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue May 31, 2016 12:50 am

Most arduino chips have a stock bootloader and the only way I know to erase it is to use an external programmer. Basically you use the external programmer and connect it to the isp pins then hit the reset button and use the program compatible with the programmer like AVRDude.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Tue May 31, 2016 12:59 am

Helder wrote:Most arduino chips have a stock bootloader and the only way I know to erase it is to use an external programmer. Basically you use the external programmer and connect it to the isp pins then hit the reset button and use the program compatible with the programmer like AVRDude.
Yes, i read about that, but i am not sure if this will work if the module is unresponsive.
Plus, there is no actual reset button on both, the module and the programmer. So i guess you are talking about a software reset.
Well, i am trying to find some help in the programming section of the arduino forum, and if find the solution for this jumper problem, i will report back with a full tutorial on how to switch the teensy for a much cheaper leonardo clone. Hopefully :)