How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
User avatar
Chrisagu28
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:33 am
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Chrisagu28 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:53 pm

That is a really nice case! Where did you get it?

I am still having trouble getting one of those 10ft hdmi cables. I know the 6ft versions are out there but it would be ideal for the 10ft version. Anybody know where to get one? Amazon has been out of stock for what seems like forever. This is the last piece for my build but can't get one.

User avatar
Racerboy
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Racerboy » Fri May 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Chrisagu28 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 1:53 pm
That is a really nice case! Where did you get it?

I am still having trouble getting one of those 10ft hdmi cables. I know the 6ft versions are out there but it would be ideal for the 10ft version. Anybody know where to get one? Amazon has been out of stock for what seems like forever. This is the last piece for my build but can't get one.
Yeah I still haven't seen them back in stock on amazon yet, and can't find a good replacement for it. I got the 6 foot version for now but can always swap it out later on.

I tried this one because it seemed promising, but the mini-hdmi end was too large and I ended up cutting so deep into the plastic that when I flexed it too much, the wires started to break inside. Also, the first picture of that item is not an accurate representation of the type of ends on it, the other pictures are like what I received, so it was more curvy than boxy.

Another idea is to look for an OTG mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter like this one and just plug in any HDMI cable you have laying around or buy a long one. But I could still see the problem of the mini-HDMI end being too large.
Colorado State University - Undergraduate Mechanical Engineer and Minor in Mathematics

User avatar
Roachman5000
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:01 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Roachman5000 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Chrisagu28 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 1:53 pm
That is a really nice case! Where did you get it?
Bought it a while back at a local exchange. It's one of those generic external hard drive cases and the SNES controller is pretty much the same width as one of those. I think I paid $7 for it.

User avatar
Racerboy
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Racerboy » Fri May 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Roachman5000 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 8:22 pm
Chrisagu28 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 1:53 pm
That is a really nice case! Where did you get it?
Bought it a while back at a local exchange. It's one of those generic external hard drive cases and the SNES controller is pretty much the same width as one of those. I think I paid $7 for it.
I think I found the closest thing here :D

Certainly cheap enough to be worth it!

EDIT: Nevermind, the 13cm length won't work with an SNES controller. There are plenty others out there though.
Colorado State University - Undergraduate Mechanical Engineer and Minor in Mathematics

Tipiti
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:17 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Tipiti » Mon May 29, 2017 6:41 am

Hi, where can i buy those digikey.com products in France (or Europe) ?
(22$ for travel is a lil expensive !! ^^)

Thanks for this project !

User avatar
Jose
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:46 am
Location: Antwerp
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Jose » Tue May 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Tipiti wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 6:41 am
Hi, where can i buy those digikey.com products in France (or Europe) ?
(22$ for travel is a lil expensive !! ^^)

Thanks for this project !
Hi,

I'm form Belgium and found the BAT42 Diode on Ebay ( shipped from france :D ).

Link Ebay

Bonsoir

Tipiti
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:17 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Tipiti » Wed May 31, 2017 3:58 am

Thanks Jose ;)

cscrane
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by cscrane » Wed May 31, 2017 1:41 pm

In the process of building mine, was wondering what you used to cut the pin header?

User avatar
Roachman5000
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:01 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Roachman5000 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:33 pm

cscrane wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 1:41 pm
In the process of building mine, was wondering what you used to cut the pin header?
I ended up just using wire cutters and slowly worked my way from one end to the other.

cscrane
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by cscrane » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:46 am

Roachman5000 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 6:33 pm
cscrane wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 1:41 pm
In the process of building mine, was wondering what you used to cut the pin header?
I ended up just using wire cutters and slowly worked my way from one end to the other.
Gotcha, don't know why I forgot bout wire cutters haha.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest