How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
Racerboy

Re: How To - Build the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero

Post by Racerboy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:37 am

Those of you with button problems - some of your buttons don't work at all? Even when you go to configure your inputs? Because you still have to do that. It should come up as "Keyboard".

Sibbie

Post by Sibbie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:55 pm

I have the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero working great for one player but I run into problems when I add a USB controller for player two.

The first time I plugged a SNES USB controller into the USB port, I was able to configure it but it would only control player one (which is also controlled by the “keyboard” GPIO controller). Two inputs for player one.

I rebooted and now the USB controller is not detected at all.

Has anyone else run into these problems when trying to have a second player?

Racerboy

Post by Racerboy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Sibbie wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:55 pm
I have the PRS-Tech SNES-Zero working great for one player but I run into problems when I add a USB controller for player two.

The first time I plugged a SNES USB controller into the USB port, I was able to configure it but it would only control player one (which is also controlled by the “keyboard” GPIO controller). Two inputs for player one.

When you add a second player, you need to go into retroarch and configure it there.

Launch a game on the system that you want to configure the controls on, and go to Settings>Input>Input User 2 Binds and configure it there, that worked for my bluetooth controller anyway.

Sibbie

Post by Sibbie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Racerboy wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:05 pm
Sibbie wrote:

When you add a second player, you need to go into retroarch and configure it there.

Launch a game on the system that you want to configure the controls on, and go to Settings>Input>Input User 2 Binds and configure it there, that worked for my bluetooth controller anyway.
The first time you used the Bluetooth controller, did RetroPie think it was the keyboard? I was unable to get RetroPie to detect my USB controller so I have moved on to a Bluetooth controller. I was able to register the Bluetooth controller but now RetroPie thinks the Bluetooth controller is also the keyboard.

Aurel

Post by Aurel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:24 am

Hello, I don't understand why use a diode and not a wire in the modification of the hdmi power adapter

the_remora

Post by the_remora » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:21 am

The reason use the diode is because it only allows power to flow one way. This keeps you from frying your TVs HDMI port if you plug the USB end into something that delivers more amps than it expects. Keep in mind that your TV manufacturer never expected you to plug in something like this and probably didn't put in circuitry to protect the TV from more power than expected.

Tipiti

Post by Tipiti » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:52 am

I have soldered the surface pin header. Then, i checked with my multimeter...
Pins 14&16 and 1&3 connect. Is it normal ?

Lpoolm

Post by Lpoolm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:24 am

can anyone give me advice on the diode please, i am struggling to find a few in uk with exact same requirements, mainly the voltage forward on the one linked is 650ma, the ones i am finding are 200 or 400ma, does this matter?
thanks
Check out my modding and repair channel of retro and modern consoles:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFz7yW ... GtQ/videos

Sibbie

Post by Sibbie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:17 am

Racerboy wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:05 pm
Sibbie wrote:

Thanks for the info! Works great now!

Foxcadet

Post by Foxcadet » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:19 am

Hey, sorry, i think i've posted my original question on the wrong board. Should have just posted it here.
Basically i've wired everything up but can't mod a HDMI cable to power the board, so i've opted to power it via usb. I've soldered the red and black cables to the correct pads on the pi. But when i go to turn it on - no video comes out of the HDMI. See attached pic for what i've done so far...
Snes.jpg
Snes.jpg (4.48 MiB) Viewed 8661 times

Am i missing something? I haven't got that cable going from the HDMI Pad to the power socket as i thought that was just for if you've done the HDMI power mod.... so I also don't have that HDMI/USB power adaptor to send power back down the HDMI cable...
Thanks for your help in advance.