OSD Battery Monitoring for Helder's AIO Boards

Various user-contributed guides for hardware-related things
HoolyHoo

Re: OSD Battery Monitoring for Helder's AIO Boards

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue May 09, 2017 8:55 am

144TECH wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 8:46 am
@HoolyHoo
So when i use a camble ssd switch, i assume you can hook this up by using a piece of wire with the resistor connected to ''bat'' on the powerboost 1000c and from there to the aio pad to make it working right? i have used the ''vs'' pin of the powerboost for camble's ssd. and having the pin ''bat'' unused so from there the idea. (could it make a conflict with camble's battery mp4's ? kinda showing up the same time? so maybe need to remove one set of mp4's?)
Oh and man, thanks for that stormtrooper theme it's really what i wanted :D
The bat pin on the PB is always battery voltage level so it would work but I believe, and maybe you can test it, it is always live at the battery voltage even when EN pin is enabled. If that is true then that wouldn't be good because it would always be feeding the Atmega which can be bad because it could try to power the Atmega from that pin which is the reason I go through the switch. Not saying it wouldn't work but its never good to have power going into an arduino/atmega through an input pin when it is not powered. However, if that bat pin shows 0V when EN pin is enabled then yes that would be fine, but off the top of my head I don't think its true. Let me know on that.

Oh and your welcome on StormTrooper. :D

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Tue May 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Well, i wouldn't know why it's powered then ? bacause my pb1000c switches power on when i slide the switch ''on'' at this moment the pb get's it's power(blue led of the pb goes on) at this moment the aio and the rest off the stuff gets their power too, and when i slide the switch off it does a graceful shutdown, with a little delay offcourse for that process.(and after that pb's blue light off) so i don't know if that would be bad for as what you stated above here lol.. at that point power is still fed (while shutting down) so.. but in general it does the same as your drawing in combination with a pb, only difference is that your single wire will get it's ''bat'' pulse when i switch my power on, so only trouble could be the delay from shutdown but shoot me, i'm gonna try this tomorrow as i receive my 10 to 6 pin adapter. :mrgreen:
P.s i think the ''bat'' pad on the pb is 0volts (when the pb's blue light is off) will check !

Thanks in advance, oh.. and going thru the game list in your theme lol, like im playing space invaders or something haha.

Greets 144Tech
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue May 09, 2017 3:16 pm

144TECH wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 2:31 pm
Well, i wouldn't know why it's powered then ? bacause my pb1000c switches power on when i slide the switch ''on'' at this moment the pb get's it's power(blue led of the pb goes on) at this moment the aio and the rest off the stuff gets their power too, and when i slide the switch off it does a graceful shutdown, with a little delay offcourse for that process.(and after that pb's blue light off) so i don't know if that would be bad for as what you stated above here lol.. at that point power is still fed (while shutting down) so.. but in general it does the same as your drawing in combination with a pb, only difference is that your single wire will get it's ''bat'' pulse when i switch my power on, so only trouble could be the delay from shutdown but shoot me, i'm gonna try this tomorrow as i receive my 10 to 6 pin adapter. :mrgreen:
P.s i think the ''bat'' pad on the pb is 0volts (when the pb's blue light is off) will check !

Thanks in advance, oh.. and going thru the game list in your theme lol, like im playing space invaders or something haha.

Greets 144Tech
Ok so short answer is, if bat pin goes low to 0V when blue light goes off then your golden. Otherwise it could create the problem I described above. Let us know when you check.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Tue May 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Hmm, i just measured ''bat'' and get the battery voltage even when switched off indeed, so it has voltage anytime, now the trick would be a little relay ? so a relay in NO (now open state) between the wire to the aio, and NClosed when powered up?(thus making the connection doh) that's a little bit odd the least, but it should work right? lol.. idk if i'm able to find such a little relay lol, so without this circus i won't be able to get that battery icon osd? or is there any chance it will work in combination with camble switch? i really want that damn battery osd man !! :mrgreen:
http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/daten ... 50P2_3.pdf
I still have hope lolll
And maybe after all, it could work also in combination with camble's power monitor wich it already has, so it should be possible to get the battery icon osd anyway ? Thinking here.. EDIT : maybe we can let it go thru the switch of camble's also, then were golden. and if not, i took a look at the space left behind the power switch, i could manage to poke another switch or tactile beeing pushed in when sliding it on..omg

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue May 09, 2017 7:34 pm

No I don't think you should run it through his switch. That could have a bad outcome as he is using those rails. A better solution could be using a 2n3904 as a switch for the battery wire. I was going to go that route first but the dpdt switch was a much easier solution.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Tue May 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Well i managed to use a little tactile switch next to cambles switch, so the plastic of the gameboy switch pushes it in when sliding on, and releases when sliding off, little bit tricky but works, and indeed 2n3904 would work too. (it's on camble's switch also, 2n3904) im gonna fix this stuff tomorrow i'll let you know. greets

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Wed May 10, 2017 7:37 am

Okay, i've flashed the chip and wired it up on another build works great, yesterday i went in a hurry to test it out didn't have npn's in stock here so from there i came up with the relay or tactile, been pretty late last night lol.. only question remains. i have a power monitor already from camble, can't we just integrate that battery icon into that or modified script?

Greets

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Wed May 10, 2017 12:11 pm

144TECH wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 7:37 am
Okay, i've flashed the chip and wired it up on another build works great, yesterday i went in a hurry to test it out didn't have npn's in stock here so from there i came up with the relay or tactile, been pretty late last night lol.. only question remains. i have a power monitor already from camble, can't we just integrate that battery icon into that or modified script?

Greets
Anything is possible but those scripts would have to be rewritten to a new script that would incorporate code from each one as right now some of the functions overlap and quite frankly might give you unpredictable results if you try to run them both as is now.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Wed May 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Allright, true , but i really want your icon osd, but indeed running 2 voltage monitor scripts at the same time would conflict i agree, but for this i will bridge one wire of camble's (on the pi) with 3.3v , in this case his power warning and auto shutoff script will never be activated. and offcourse now we have your measuring point at the AIO so your power monitor will be activated as the only one. i think this will do. gonna fix that tomorrow. i'll let it know here. meight be usefull for others too who want the same :) and a little offtopic i have a bit overscan in your theme, mainly the rom list i got one white line dissapearing on the right corner so i need to get it bit more to the left and a bit up. maybe you can pm me where i can change those values.

Have a nice day sir

umbynos95

Post by umbynos95 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:06 am

Hello, I don't have a USBasp Programmer, it is possible to use this guide instead? (http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1176).