USB work Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Raspberry Pi hardware discussion (including peripherals)
oraz9

USB work Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Post by oraz9 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:51 pm

Hello to all the community, i have a question about Raspberry Pi 3 B+.

i'm trying to do a swtch-like console, with rpi3 , all electronic is working , and i came to this point where i need to remove usb sockets and ethernet socket from rpi3 to gain extra space in the case of this console that i've draw with solidworks.

I've been able to remove sockets without any damage at the pcb, and i pay attention to the temperature of all the electronics.

now , today i connect with wires the pins where there was usb sockets with the micro usb socket of the display, but it won't switch on.
i've controlled three times the right connection of the pins from usb to micro usb , but nothing...
this make me thought that also the other three usb ports that i need won't work at all..

someone can tell me what is wrong? i saw many projects with rpi 3 that use usb pins but i can't understand why mine isn't working

floppes

Re: USB work Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Post by floppes » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:15 am

What is "the micro usb socket of the display"? Pictures would help ;)

Did you connect only the two data pins (D+ and D-) or 5 V and GND as well?

USB can be sensitive to surrounding signals. That's why it uses a differential signal. Twist the data wires for a better signal.

A Raspberry Pi 3 A+ is a bit smaller than the B+. Would this be an option for your project?