Pi Zero and PSX

Raspberry Pi hardware discussion (including peripherals)
Raft

Re: Pi Zero and PSX

Post by Raft » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:36 am

Fleder wrote:On the Pi Zero PSX Emulators run really bad or not at all.
I tried it on a Orange Pi PC and it ran like a charm, can't tell you anything about the Pi2, though.
Orange Pi Pc looks cool! I even saw Retropie port to OrangePi. But what I'm worried about it's support and community. Pi's has biggest community among SBC, as I see. Odroid's looks like pretty big, but no. I didn't found any good tutorial about "soft power off" button, with "properly" system shutdown. Orange Pi, I think, has even smaller community. And OS support: Retropie runs on Pi's out of the box, because it created for them. On Odroid with installation script, but support from Retrpoie. Pi Pc has retropie port from some forum guy, It's like pretty unstable.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:08 am

Raft wrote:
Fleder wrote:On the Pi Zero PSX Emulators run really bad or not at all.
I tried it on a Orange Pi PC and it ran like a charm, can't tell you anything about the Pi2, though.
Orange Pi Pc looks cool! I even saw Retropie port to OrangePi. But what I'm worried about it's support and community. Pi's has biggest community among SBC, as I see. Odroid's looks like pretty big, but no. I didn't found any good tutorial about "soft power off" button, with "properly" system shutdown. Orange Pi, I think, has even smaller community. And OS support: Retropie runs on Pi's out of the box, because it created for them. On Odroid with installation script, but support from Retrpoie. Pi Pc has retropie port from some forum guy, It's like pretty unstable.
Sure, the community is much smaller, but i can't share the experience from RetrOrangePi, the RetroPie Port for OrangePi.
It is really stable now and Stevie is working hard to make this even better.
So far everything worked without a problem, if you know what to do.
It is not plug and play, for sure, but it works nonetheless and is a cheap alternative to the raspberries, if you aren't afraid of reading and fiddling around :)

Raft

Post by Raft » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:17 am

Fleder wrote: Sure, the community is much smaller, but i can't share the experience from RetrOrangePi, the RetroPie Port for OrangePi.
It is really stable now and Stevie is working hard to make this even better.
So far everything worked without a problem, if you know what to do.
It is not plug and play, for sure, but it works nonetheless and is a cheap alternative to the raspberries, if you aren't afraid of reading and fiddling around :)
I'm not afraid, I'm software developer and Linux is my everyday system, so I'm ok with finding information, digging in sources, etc. But I'm afraid of hardware incompatibility. Like yesterday I waste about two hours to find is it possible to run some chinice PS3 gamepads on RetroPie, and I'm still didn't found total answer :) But yeah, price is attracts me, OrangePi looks really nice.

I'm assuming that we went out of topic, and topics subforum.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:27 am

Then get one, it is not much money and you can learn something form it, maybe even contribute to the retroangepi community :)

Here is my experience thread btw: http://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=267