DMG restoration + backlight/bivert

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
Deen

DMG restoration + backlight/bivert

Post by Deen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Hey Guys,

I got a little problem and I'm sure someone here knows how to fix it. Since im not the best with electronics, I cannot find the fault..

I've bought a used DMG, restored it (color and buttons, screen portector and stuff) and finally finished it biverting and backlighting. Now after a while I wanted to play again, but nada...

- screen dark
- no sound
- power LED in on

I've used a voltmeter and found, that the screen doesn't get any power to it. Gonna provide pics tomorrow.. maybe anyone has already a clue?

Thanks in advance!
Deen

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: DMG restoration + backlight/bivert

Post by Helder » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:47 am

The Bivert could've gotten loose like a bad solder joint. The other thing to check is the long thin board on the side of the back shell is the 20v power board that powers the LCD. Check that board and it outputs a negative 20v so you're aware.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Deen

Post by Deen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:14 am

Thanks Helder, will look into that later and report :)

Deen

Post by Deen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:00 pm

As I'm waiting for kite to check my CSL, I had time to finally repair my GB Classic with Backlight and Bivert Mod... Ty Helder for the information about the long pcb... while I was bending it slightly, everything worked... till a little diode came off. Figured out, that it's old solder was broken... so I replaced it with some new and soldered the little diode back to the pcb... everything fine again :)

Gonna play SuperMarioLand till the CSL is back xD