Retropsu 5.2v but only 0.05 amps?

Discussion about other hardware (including other Pi-like boards)
mosser

Retropsu 5.2v but only 0.05 amps?

Post by mosser » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:22 pm

I'm trying to switch out a powerboost 1000c for a retropsu in my existing project. I wired it up but my pi won't boot up the only light is the red led on the retropsu. I removed all the wires from the retropsu and I get a green led.

At this point I measured the voltage and amps on both boards with just the microusb cable attached:

retropsu:
5.2 volts
0.005 amps

powerboost 1000c :
5.08 volts
1.4amps

Reconnecting the powerboost 1000c to my projected showed the pi boot successfully.

I'm testing with just a microusb cable attached and using the same cable for both tests. I'm testing across the ground and output pads.

Any ideas what I'm missing here?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Retropsu 5.2v but only 0.05 amps?

Post by Helder » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Battery is missing. It won't output the proper voltage without a battery attached to it.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

mosser

Re: Retropsu 5.2v but only 0.05 amps?

Post by mosser » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 am

Ahhh. Cheers @Helder